Preston vs Derby
Date: 16 October 2021, Saturday
Kick-Off: 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Deepdale Stadium.
Preston take on Derby County in Saturday’s EFL Championship fixture at the Deepdale stadium. Read our Previews, Predictions and Betting tips with Analysis.
Preston vs Derby Head-to-Head
In the last 10 encounters between both these sides:
- Preston have won thrice while Derby County have won 6 times.
- The recent 3 games between these two sides were won by Preston.
- 16 goals have been scored in these last 10 encounters between both these two sides.
- On an average, 1.60 goals are being scored per game in this fixture.
Key Stats for Betting
- In the last 5 home games for Preston, they have won thrice, lost once and drawn twice.
- In those previous 5 home games, Preston have scored 7 goals and conceded 7 goals.
- In the last 5 away games for Derby, they have lost thrice, won once and drawn once.
- In those previous 5 away games, Derby have scored 2 goals and conceded 4 goals.
Preston vs Derby Prediction & Analysis
The hosts currently sit in 18th position in the league table with 11 points on board after 11 Championship games as they have drawn four times and lost once in their last 5 Championship games
Preston come into this fixture on the back of a thrilling 3-2 loss away from home against QPR in a game which saw Emil Riis Jakobsen and Josh Earl score in either half for Preston.
On the other side of the field, the visitors, Derby currently sit rock bottom of the Championship table with just 2 points on board after 11 Championship games (as they were punished for certain reasons) as they have won twice, drawn twice and lost once in their previous 5 Championship games.
Derby come into this fixture on the back of a 0-0 draw at home against Swansea in a game which saw Derby have just 24% of ball possession as they had 6 shots on goal with 5 of them on target.
Taking the above into consideration, we back the odds at 2.06 for an Asian handicap of – 0.5 in favor of Preston. The hosts will have the upper hand coming into this fixture as they play at home and given the series of events that Derby County have gone through in the last few weeks, they will be facing a hug uphill task at Deepdale stadium.
Consequently, we back the odds at 2.00 for both teams to score in this fixture. The Derby players will be looking to give their fans some respite and hope that they will be in the races of being promoted next season.
In this game, both sides are expected to go out all guns blazing which should see both teams getting on the scores sheet.
Tips for Preston vs Derby
Both teams to score @ 2.00
Asian Handicap: Preston – 0.5 @ 2.06.