FC Porto vs Atletico Madrid
UEFA Champions League
Date: Tuesday, 7 December 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Estádio do Dragão.
On this final match-day in the group stages, three teams in Group B are fighting it out for survival. Porto might be placed second, but they have a lead of just one point over the dead-last placed Atleti.
Third-placed AC Milan are level on points with Diego Simeone’s men, but the Italians have to take on toppers Liverpool on this final day.
Even though Jurgen Klopp’s men are already group champions, it would take something special to beat them. And this gives hope to Porto and Atleti. The winner of this upcoming encounter have realistic chances of being placed second in the group.
Likely, expect a fierce encounter at the Estádio do Dragão this Tuesday. And since it is a crucial game for both, expect a safety-first approach from either side. It would be highly unlikely that we would be seeing goals in the first half.
Porto vs Atletico Madrid Head-to-head (h2h)
- The reverse encounter had ended in 0-0 draw.
- Four of the past six meetings had fewer than three goals.
- 100% of clashes at this ground had under 2.5 goals, barring a single clash in 2013.
- The hosts have kept clean sheets in all but one match-up at this stadium.
Porto vs Atletico Madrid Prediction & Analysis
Porto lost 2-0 on the road the last match-day in the CL, against Liverpool. They have been faring well in league games, but their performances in UCL have been totally worrisome.
They are at home this Tuesday, and backed by that confidence, they will try their absolute best to keep the Spaniards at bay. Unless Milan do not beat Liverpool, Porto would need just a draw to secure the second spot. Likely, expect them to prioritize defense at the Estádio do Dragão.
On the other hand, Atleti have been totally out of form lately. They were beaten by AC Milan at home the past game week, for a 0-1 scoreline. Moreover, they were winless in seven of the past ten overall fixtures, and they have a single win on the road since September.
However, in spite of all their issues, their defense has been one area which Simeone could rely on, and count on the veteran manager to deliver a defensive masterclass this Tuesday.
By the looks of things, expect a low-scoring affair at the Dragao.
Key Stats for Betting
- Both these teams have won just one game apiece so far this entire tournament. And both these wins had come against AC Milan.
- Porto have managed to score a total of just three goals in the competition – which is the least in the group.
- Meanwhile, Simeone’s men could manage just four goals – which is the second-least.
Tips for Porto vs Atletico Madrid
Half Time Correct Score: 0-0 Draw @ 2.60 (8/5)
Under 2.5 Match Goals @ 1.75 (3/4).