Heerenveen vs Ajax
Date: 16 October 2021, Saturday
Kick-Off: 17:45 UK/ 18:45 CET
Venue: Abe Lenstra Stadion.
Heerenveen take on Ajax in Saturday’s Eredivise fixture at the Abe Lenstra Stadion. Read our Preview, Prediction and Betting Tips with Analysis.
Heerenveen vs Ajax Head-to-Head
In the last 10 encounters between both these sides in all competitions:
- Ajax have won 8 times while Heerenveen have won just once.
- 43 goals have been scored in this fixture
- On an average, 4.30 goals have been scored per game in this fixture.
- The last time these two sides faced each other, Ajax won 2-1.
Heerenveen vs Ajax Prediction & Analysis
The hosts currently sit in 7th position in the league table with 13 points on board after 8 league games as they have won twice, lost twice and drawn once in their previous 5 league games.
Heerenveen come into this fixture on the back of a 1-0 win away from home against PEC Zwolle in a game which saw Zwolle’s Bram van Polen score an own goal which sealed all 3 points for Heerenveen.
On the other side of the field, the visitors, Ajax currently sit on top of the Eredivisie table with 19 points on board after 8 league games as they have won four of their last 5 league games.
Ajax come into this fixture on the back of a 1-0 loss at home against Utrecht in a game where they had 69% of ball possession with 20 shots on goal with 6 of them on target.
Taking the above into consideration, we back the odds at 1.96 for Ajax to win this fixture with a margin of more than 2 goals in this fixture. They have been firing on all cylinders in the domestic league and they are expected to continue that good rich vein of goal scoring form.
Consequently, we back the odds at 2.05 for David Neres to get on the score sheet in this game. He has scored twice and given an assist so far this season. We assume, that this game will be a high scoring encounter between both sides which should see David Neres get in the act.
Key Stats for Betting
- In the last 4 home games for Heerenveen, they have won twice and lost twice.
- 7 goals have been scored in their home games.
- In the last 3 away games for Ajax, they have won twice and drawn once.
- Ajax have scored 8 goals in those 3 games.
Tips for Heerenveen vs Ajax
David Neres to score anytime @ 2.05
Asian Handicap – 2.0 @ 1.96.