Angers vs Monaco
France – Ligue 1
Date: Wednesday, 1 December 2021
Kick-off at 18:00 UK / 19:00 CET
Venue: Stade Raymond-Kopa.
Angers have lost only three games since the beginning of the season but they have also managed to beat Monaco no more than 4 times in the previous 17 head to head encounters. Knowing that Monaco drew in each of the last three league games, the stalemate does appear to be the best betting option here.
Angers vs Monaco Head-to-head
- Monaco will go into this on the back of three subsequent victories over Angers.
- Angers did not score in four subsequent clashes against Monaco.
- Angers only won 4 of 17 head to head matches against Monaco.
Angers vs Monaco Predictions & Analysis
Angers will be hoping to extend the three-game unbeaten streak on Wednesday evening when they host Monaco in the 16th round of the Ligue 1 at Stade Raymond-Kopa.
The hosts hold the sky-high 6th place in the league standings after 15 rounds of play. They have only lost three matches since the beginning of the season.
Gerald Baticle’s troops held Lens to a 2-2 draw in an exciting clash at the weekend away from home.
The team’s top scorer Sofiane Boufal was on the scoresheet once again, netting his fourth goal of the campaign.
Monaco’s main talisman got his name on the scoreline at the weekend, too. Wissam Ben-Yedder made no mistake from the spot to score Monaco’s lone goal in a 1-1 home draw to Strasbourg.
The French forward now has eight league goals to his name this season and he will no doubts be the main threat to Angers’ goal in mid-week.
This match should generally offer goals at both ends since both outfits have been better attackingly than defensively so far in the season.
Both teams thus scored in seven of the last eight of Angers’ matches, while the same scenario happened in each of the last three games Monaco played in all competitions.
Key Stats for Betting
- Angers have been very tough to beat since the beginning of the season.
- Seven of the last eight games they played saw goals scored at both ends.
- Monaco played three consecutive outings with the option of both teams scoring.
- Monaco will go into this on the back of three successive draws in the Ligue 1.
Tips for Angers vs Monaco
Both Teams To Score @ 1.90 (9/10)
Draw @ 3.40 (12/5)