Valletta vs Zrinjski Mostar
UEFA Europa League
Date: Thursday, 2nd August 2018
Kick-Off at 17:00 UK / 18:00 CET
Venue: Ta’Qali National Stadium (Ta’ Qali).
- An injury time goal helped Valletta to earn a 1-1 draw in the first leg at Bosnia.
- Zrinjski came off as heavy favorites to turn the first leg their way, but will be disappointed with the stalemate.
- Valletta boast rock-solid records of recent and could be a tough side to outgun though.
- The tie is evenly poised with both teams struggling to score goals.
- Either sides reached the Europa League second stage after losing their respective first round tie in the Champions League.
Valletta vs Zrinjski Mostar Predictions and Betting Tips
Under 2.5 ft goals at 1.56 odd.
Valletta vs Zrinjski Mostar Head-to-head
Both teams are meeting for the first time in a competitive football match.
Valletta vs Zrinjski Mostar Match Preview
Valletta have dropped out of the Champions League Qualifiers on an away goal in a 1-1 aggregate draw against Kukesi, now travelling to Mostar for their Europa League clash against Zrinjski in the hope they can build on their lengthy unbeaten streak.
They boast very solid records on the road and have earned six wins and two draws in eight trips this year, which will have them confident at Stadion Bijeli Brijeg too.
Zrinjski saw a similarly narrow Champions League Qualifiers exit, as they suffered a 1-0 loss at Spartak Trnava and held the rivals to a 1-1 draw in front of the home crowd.
They’ve lost on their consistency through the pre-season and this possibly proved costly for Ante Mise’s men, as the Bosnians now look to bounce back quickly and impress on the day.
Plemici haven’t suffered a home loss since January, though, and we’ve seen six wins and four draws in ten outings across competitions. Somehow they cannot boast of a similar record on the road and Valletta have the experience of negating tricky fixtures at their own backyard.