Wycombe vs Scunthorpe
England League One
Date: Saturday, 20 October 2018
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Adams Park (High Wycombe).
The Chairboys had a good season last year under manager Gareth Ainsworth. He took charge of the club in 2012 and helped them reach the League 1 after finishing 3rd in the bottom tier.
Being new to this level may have got them at the start of the season. After 13 rounds of play they are at 18th place in the table just 2 places above the relegation zone.
Ainsworth have to prove that his team has what it takes to stay in League 1. What they lack is a quality striker up front. Even in the deficit of that they managed to rattle the net 14 times.
The previous match was away to Coventry which they lost 1-0 after playing well.
Like most of the teams in the bottom half of the league table both these teams have failed to defend their goal.
Blues have conceded 19 times and Scunthorpe 26 times.
Adebayo has scored 3 goals for the hosts in 13 caps and his counterpart Stephen Humphrys of the Iron also has the same goal-tally.
Stuart McCall’s team have lost their previous match against Peterborough at home for a score of 2-0.
Wycombe vs Scunthorpe: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Wycombe has 3 wins and 2 losses against this opposition in 8 matches.
- Last meeting between them ended 0-0 draw in a League2 match back in March 2014.
- The hosts have 3 wins and 4 losses in last 10 games from all competitions. At home they recorded 2 wins and losses each in last 5.
- Last 4 home fixtures of the Blues had over 2.5 goals in total.
- McCall’s team has won 4 of their last 10 with 3 defeats as well. In the last 5 away games they have only 1 win.
Wycombe vs Scunthorpe: Prediction
Home advantage may come into play for Wycombe. Otherwise it will be a pretty close game.
Forwards will have a say in this match. Both the teams are weak in defense. Whichever forward who gets into groove will be decisive in the final result.
Set pieces will be crucial too. Both the sides have players who are good in the air.
Wycombe vs Scunthorpe: Betting Tips
Home win @ 1.67 (2/3).
Under 2.5 goals @ 2.00 (1/1).