Wolfsburg vs Lille
Date: Wednesday, 8 December 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Volkswagen Arena.
French champions Lille seem to be finding form in the Champions League right when it is most needed. They are currently at the top of the table, and need to stay there just for this final match-day to make it to the Round of 16 as group champions.
And their chances look really good, as they are pitted against the dead-last placed Wolfsburg, who are going through dreadful form at the moment.
By the looks of things, expect Lille to have the upper hand this Wednesday at the Volkswagen Arena.
Wolfsburg vs Lille Head-to-head (h2h)
- The reverse encounter had ended in a 0-0 draw.
- Wolfsburg were winless in nine of their last ten clashes against other French opponents.
- They have a total of two clean sheets in their preceding eleven encounters against other Ligue 1 teams.
- Meanwhile, Lille had lost their last two meetings against other German teams. But note that both were against reigning Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich.
Wolfsburg vs Lille Prediction & Analysis
Wolfsburg lost 2-0 on the road the last match-day in the competition, against Sevilla. They are also on a three-game losing streak, and had also remained winless in 13 of their past 17 games.
Going on, they have a total of four wins at home this whole season, and two of those had come back in August.
On the other hand, Lille had recorded a 1-0 win at home against Salzburg the past match-day in the CL. They are also on a seven-fixture unbeaten run, and have the confidence of staying atop the table in Group G.
Considering these observations, expect Lille to be the better team on the pitch this Wednesday, against the struggling Wolfsburg.
Key Stats for Betting
- Lille are placed at the top of the table, and they have lost just once all through the campaign. The defeat had come against the second-placed Salzburg.
- Currently they are on a two-fixture winning streak in the competition, and these wins had come against the teams placed second and third in the table.
- They are on an unbeaten run since October, and their latest defeat had come against French super-team PSG.
- Meanwhile, Wolfsburg have been completely winless in the CL – save for a single victory.
- They have conceded the most number of goals, and have also scored the least.
Tips for Wolfsburg vs Lille
Draw No Bet: Lille @ 2.25 (5/4)
Over 1.5 Team Goals by Lille @ 2.60 (8/5).