West Ham vs Birmingham
England – FA Cup
Date: Saturday, 5th January 2019
Kick-off at 12.30 UK/ 13.30 CET
Venue: Olympic Stadium (London).
Birmingham comes knocking at the Olympic Stadium to take on West Ham in this English FA Cup match. The tie takes place on Saturday and is the 3rd round in the tournament.
West Ham is the 11th team in the Premier League table and has posted 27 points on the board. Their record reads 8 wins, 3 draws and 9 losses. The team scored 27 goals and conceded 30 in return.
Birmingham has the 8th position in the Championship league table, after securing 39 points so far from their league campaign. They have scored 38 goals till now and received 28 back. Birmingham won 9 matches, drew another 12 and lost the remaining 5.
In their most recent matches, West Ham lost against Burnley, on the road, 2-0 and Birmingham drew against Sheffield Wednesday, on the road, with a score of 1-1.
West Ham vs Birmingham Head-to-head (h2h)
- Birmingham drew the last h2h match against West Ham.
- West Ham lost 3 of their last 10 matches.
- Birmingham was unbeaten in 12 of their last 15 games.
- West Ham was unbeaten in 9 of their last 15 home-ties.
- Birmingham was winless in 10 of their last 15 fixtures on the road.
- West Ham has scored in 7 of their last 10 overall matches, and in 9 of their last 15 home-ties.
- Birmingham has scored in 13 of their last 15 overall games, and in 11 of their last 15 away fixtures.
- Anderson F has been the best player for West Ham with 8 goals and 2 assists this season, and Adams C for Birmingham, with 12 goals and 3 assists.
West Ham vs Birmingham Prediction
Birmingham has bitten off more than what they can chew in the form of West Ham. The latter plays with the likes of Manchester City, Liverpool etc, the best teams in the world, while Birmingham exchange blows with Ipswich, Reading, and teams of that stature. Coupled with the home advantage, West Ham will take the win in this tie.
This season, whenever Birmingham came up against top-quality teams, the matches turned out to be goal fests. Teams like Aston Villa and Derby, teams with in-form frontlines in the Championship found it easy to breach the defense of Birmingham. The case will likely repeat in this tie.
West Ham has consistently defeated teams of comparatively lower status this season, at home. The team even defeated Manchester United with a 3-1 scoreline at the Olympic Stadium. West Ham has not failed to score at least three goals, in every single match, against a team of lower standing, this season, at home. Cardiff, Crystal Palace, Burnley etc are examples.
West Ham will win against Birmingham, and the match will have more than 2.5 goals.
West Ham vs Birmingham Betting Tips
To Win: West Ham @ 1.44 (4/9)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 1.66 (2/3).