VVV-Venlo vs NAC Breda
Date: Saturday, 22nd September 2018
Kick-off at 18:45 UK/ 19:45 CET
Venue: Seacon Stadion – De Koel (Venlo).
Venlo is enjoying some success in these early days of the 2018/19 season and position themselves at 7th on the log.
The Yellow Black Army, who narrowly escaped relegation last season is looking settled at this point of time and bagged 2 win and 2 draws bagged from 5 games so far. The only team to beat them this time is Ajax and that too by the narrowest possible 0-1 margin.
Last week saw Venlo bagging a 2-1 away win at the newly promoted De Graafschap.
All in all, Venlo have been defensively sterile this term, have not conceded more than 1 goal in a single game this season. However, they could improve a lot in both creating and scoring goals as they average just 1 goal per game at this point.
NAC Breda were another team that beat the relegation zone by the slimmest of the margin last season, just like their Saturday’s host.
However, the visitors are once again drawn into the familiar battle after losing 4 of the 5 games this season. Meantime, 3 points taken by beating the newly promoted De Graafschap 3-0 at home.
Other than that one bright moment, Breda failed to impress as they shipped in 15 goals from the other 4 games. They did like heading for a point last week in the home fixture against Fortuna Sittard before a late goal handed a 2-3 defeat.
VVV-Venlo vs NAC Breda Head-to-head
- Little to separate the sides from recent h2h meetings as Venlo picked 4 wins as against Breda’s 3 alongside 2 draws from their last 9 in all competitions.
- Four of their last 5 h2h meeting produced under 2.5 goals.
- Both teams haven’t scored in 9 of their last 10 meetings in all competitions.
- The corresponding fixture at Venlo last season was goal-less.
- Meantime, Venlo lost 3 of their last 5 home matches to Breda, drew and won 1 each.
- As contrary to their overall h2h stats, 5 of the 7 head-to-head matches at this venue saw btts and 5 of last 5 saw btts.
VVV-Venlo vs NAC Breda Prediction
Despite a satisfactory start, Venlo are still looking for their first home win of the season. However, the two 2 games at Seacon Stadion are confidence boosters – Ajax (0-1) and Heerenveen (1-1).
Breda are in all sorts of trouble and it’s raining goals at their end. Under the current circumstances, the home win priced at 5/6 has the potential to a banker. I will back this alongside under 2.5 goals to maximize returns from my investment.
VVV-Venlo vs NAC Breda Betting Tips
Venlo to win @ 5/6 (1.83) odd is a potential banker.
Meantime, Venlo to keep a clean sheet @ 3/2 (2.50) is a decent punt.
Value is in backing the combo Venlo win & Under 2.5 goals for 3/1 (4.15).