Venlo vs Alkmaar
Netherlands – Eredivisie
Date: Sunday, 25 November 2018
Kick-off at 15.45 UK/ 16.45 CET
Venue: Seacon Stadion – De Koel (Venlo).
Two teams fiercely battling for the Europa League playoff spots from the Dutch Eredivisie take on each other at the Seacon Stadion, this Sunday, to conclude the 13th round proceedings of first division football in the Netherlands.
Venlo recorded a dominating victory over Sittard last weekend, at home. The final scoreline was 3-2 in favor of the hosts. Mlapa T scored four minutes before and after the halftime, to record his brace, and to present his team with three points. Sittard pulled back a second goal in the 86th minute, after scoring their first in the 30th, but was unable to capitalize on their late goal.
Alkmaar ground out a tough away win last weekend against Den Haag and kept their chances for playing in the Europa League alive. The lone goal came in the 50th minute from Til. Haag tried their level best to score at least an equalizer, let alone the winner, but the determined Alkmaar defense saw out the match.
Venlo vs Alkmaar Head-to-head (h2h)
- Alkmaar has recorded 12 wins against Venlo while losing only one.
- The last five wins in a row are in the name of Alkmaar.
- At the Seacon Stadion, Alkmaar has a 100% unbeaten record against Venlo.
- Venlo has won only two of their last six matches.
- Alkmaar is on a three-match winning streak and has been unbeaten in seven of their last ten games.
- Venlo is winless in eight of their last 13 matches at home.
- Alkmaar is unbeaten in 14 of their last 20 away matches, 13 of them wins.
- Alkmaar has scored in six of their last seven away ties.
- Venlo has scored in seven of their last eight home games.
Venlo vs Alkmaar Prediction
The away team, Alkmaar holds the advantage in this tie. In head-to-head ties, Alkmaar has lost only one against Venlo, while recording 12 wins against them. Also, the 12 wins were recorded as two separate streaks of five and seven.
Alkmaar has impressed on the road recently, recording 13 wins and a draw in their last 14 away ties.
Overall, they are on a winning streak of three games.
As, both teams are on same points, and both occupy the Europa League playoff spots, it’s great advantage to the team who could grind out a win in this tie. Expect Alkmaar to sweat it out on the pitch and survive the match without a loss, and most probably take home the win.
Both teams will get on the scoresheet as far as recent stats are concerned. Venlo has scored in seven of their last eight home games. Alkmaar has scored in six of their last seven away ties.
Venlo vs Alkmaar Betting Tips
Alkmaar: Draw No Bet @ 3.30 (23/10)
Both Teams to Score: YES @ 1.66 (2/3).