Valencia vs Rayo Vallecano
Spain – La Liga
Date: Saturday, 27 November 2021
Kick-off at 15:15 UK/ 16:15 CET
Venue: Estadio de Mestalla.
Contrary to usual, Vallecano have been one of the best teams in the La Liga this season, while Valencia have been going through a poor stretch of performances almost for the entirety of the campaign.
In fact, Vallecano have lost seldom this season in the La Liga, and these rare losses have come against some of the top-performing sides in the league. Whereas their counterparts for the day have not been able to deliver decent performances even at home.
By the looks of things, expect a win for Rayo this Saturday at the Mestalla.
Valencia vs Rayo Vallecano Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 2-0 win for Vallecano.
- Five of the last eight meetings had three or more goals.
- The hosts had scored two or more goals in 11 of the preceding 14 clashes at this ground.
- Meanwhile, the guests had slotted in a total of six goals from the past three encounters at this stadium.
Valencia vs Rayo Vallecano Prediction & Analysis
Valencia were held to a goalless draw the last match-day by Sociedad. They were also winless in nine of their past ten games, and they had conceded two or more goals in three of their former five appearances at home.
In fact, such has been their struggles in the 2021-22 edition of the La Liga, that they have managed to record a total of just four wins – and that too after one-third of the league has already been over.
On the other hand, Vallecano recorded a 3-1 win at home the past game week, against Mallorca. They were also unbeaten in nine of their preceding twelve fixtures, and had scored in plenty all through these games.
As such, expect them to have the upper hand this weekend, against the struggling Valencia.
However, due to the issues in defense for Vallecano on the road, a clean sheets seems improbable. Likely, a goal-fest is expected.
Key Stats for Betting
- Valencia have a single win from their last ten fixtures, and this sole victory had come against the struggling Villarreal.
- They had conceded two or more goals in four of the past six games, and they have a single clean sheet at home in the past three-month period.
- Meanwhile, Vallecano had managed to post a win against titans Barcelona just a month back. And of their total three losses since August, two had come against Real Madrid, and Sociedad.
- However, it needs to be considered that they are yet to keep a clean sheet on the road in 2021-22.
Tips for Valencia vs Rayo Vallecano
Double Chance: Rayo Vallecano or Draw @ 1.80 (4/5)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.20 (6/5).