Udinese vs Sampdoria
Italy – Serie A
Date: Saturday, 5 March 2022
Kick-off at 14:00 UK/ 15:00 CET
Venue: Dacia Arena.
Both these teams are counted amongst the weaker teams in the Italian top flight. They are placed in the bottom half of the table, and there is no realistic chance of these two making it to a European competition next season.
However, there is one stark difference between the two, and this might actually play a role in determining the outcome of the fixture.
Sampdoria are currently the worst team on the road in the Serie A. They are on a long losing streak in away games, and are conceding goals in huge numbers. They have won just thrice away from home all through the campaign.
Meanwhile, Udinese have done comparatively far well in home fixtures, and they will try to make the most of this opportunity.
By the looks of things, expect them to have the upper hand this weekend.
Udinese vs Sampdoria Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 3-3 draw.
- Five of the past six clashes had three or more goals.
- The last six overall wins at this stadium were evenly split into three each for either squad.
- Two of the past four meetings at this stadium had four or more goals.
Udinese vs Sampdoria Prediction & Analysis
Udinese registered a confidence-boosting 1-1 draw on the road the last match-day, against none other than AC Milan. Before that they had recorded a 1-1 draw against Lazio, and they have lost just thrice at home in the past nine-month period.
On the other hand, Sampdoria lost 4-0 on the road the past game week, against Atalanta. They had also lost seven of their former nine fixtures, and they are on a five-match losing run on the road.
Moreover, they have registered a total of just three wins away from home since May of 2021.
Considering these observations, expect a win for Udinese this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- Only the dead-last placed Salernitana have lost more fixtures than Sampdoria in the Serie A.
- It’s been three months since they recorded a win on the road in any competition.
- Meanwhile, Udinese have lost just once at home since September, and this sole loss had come against Atalanta.
- They have lost just thrice at home all through 2021-22, in all competitions, and two of these defeats had come against teams currently placed in the top-five of the table.
Tips for Udinese vs Sampdoria
Udinese to Win @ 1.90 (9/10)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 1.90 (9/10).