Tottenham vs Arsenal
England – Premier League
Date: Sunday, 16 January 2022
Kick-off at 16:30 UK/ 17:30 CET
Venue: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
Both these teams are in good form, and are considered amongst the best in the English top flight. Currently these two are placed fifth and sixth in the table, and as expected, the objective for both is to climb to the fourth position.
Competition is intense this season in the PL for the CL tickets, and it’s speculated that the race for the fourth position will be one of the fiercest in recent memory.
Since the Spurs and Gunners are next to each other in the table, and are in the same race for the fourth spot, a win in this encounter will be hugely beneficial.
Expect either to go after the three points right from the get-go. Judging their form, and previous h2h score-lines, expect goals from both sides of the pitch as well.
Tottenham vs Arsenal Head-to-head (h2h)
- Four of the past five encounters had three or more goals.
- Five of the last seven clashes had goals from both teams.
- It’s been eight years since the Spurs have failed to score at home.
- The latest meeting at this stadium had ended in a 2-0 win for the hosts.
Tottenham vs Arsenal Prediction & Analysis
Tottenham recorded a 0-1 win on the road the last match-day, against Watford. Going on, they were unbeaten in 11 of their past 15 overall fixtures, and of the four losses during this stretch, two had come against Chelsea.
Going on, at home, they had won 16 of the former 22 appearances, and they had also scored two or more goals in 10 of the past 13 home fixtures.
On the other hand, Arsenal did lose their latest league game. But it was a closely contested fixture, and it was against Manchester City. Moreover, they had won five of their last seven matches, and they had also scored a total of 19 goals from these five fixtures.
Taking into account these stats, as well as past h2h stats, expect a high-scoring affair this weekend between the two.
Key Stats for Betting
- Arsenal are placed fifth in the table, and they are one of the only two teams in the competition to have won four of the past five match-days. The other team being Liverpool.
- They had scored a total of nine goals from their last two league matches on the road.
- Meanwhile, Spurs had scored two or more goals in eight of the last ten home appearances.
- They have lost just twice at home in league encounters, and the defeats had come against Manchester United and Chelsea.
Tips for Tottenham vs Arsenal
Both Teams to Score @ 1.75 (3/4)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.00 (1/1).