Torino vs Bologna
Italy – Serie A
Date: Sunday, 12 December 2021
Kick-off at 11:30 UK / 12:30 CET
Venue: Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino.
This will be a close encounter between two evenly-matched outfits. The latest head to head record only confirms the statement. We expect both managers to use a more careful approach for this tie as the Under 2.5 goals FT seems to be the best betting option here.
Torino vs Bologna Head-to-head
- Each of the last three H2H clashes between these two teams ended with an identical 1-1 scoreline.
- Torino won 7, drew 4, and lost just 2 of the last 13 home fixtures against Bologna.
- None of the last four head to head affairs between these two teams saw three or more goals scored.
Torino vs Bologna Predictions & Analysis
Torino and Bologna will meet each other in the early Serie A kick-off on Sunday morning at Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino.
The hosts will try and bring a three-game winless streak to an end, while Bologna are hoping to bounce back after a 2-3 home loss to Fiorentina in the previous round.
Torino did not offer much in the final third last Sunday away at Cagliari. They had a first-half lead after an own goal, but in general did very little to cause troubles to their rivals’ goal on the occasion.
Bologna, on the other side, played a weird five-goal thriller against Fiorentina in a match in which both teams scored goals practically whenever they got themselves near a scoring chance.
Bologna thus did concede three goals last weekend, but they have also kept back-to-back clean sheets in the wins over Spezia and Roma beforehand.
We thus have to put some respect on Bologna’s defensive improvements in the last several weeks, despite the previous round’s defeat.
Also, we have to mention Torino’s decent home record of four wins, two draws, and two defeats in eight league fixtures at Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino this term.
Key Stats for Betting
- Torino had just eight attempts towards Cagliari’s goal last Sunday.
- Three of the last four games Bologna played ended with fewer than two goals scored.
- None of the last four head to head encounters saw three or more goals scored.
- Each of the last three H2H meetings ended in a draw.
Tips for Torino vs Bologna
Under 2.5 goals FT @ 1.72 (8/11)
Draw @ 3.25 (9/4)