Stuttgart vs Mainz
Germany – Bundesliga
Date: Friday, 26 November 2021
Kick-off at 19:30 UK/ 20:30 CET
Venue: Mercedes-Benz Arena.
Stuttgart have been one of the worst teams in the German top flight this season, and it’s really no wonder that they are placed 16th in the table – right in the clutches of the relegation zone.
Meanwhile, Mainz have been one of the best recently – and are the only team in the whole competition to have stayed unbeaten in the past four match-days. Even nine-time defending champions Bayern could not replicate that feat.
By the looks of things, expect a win for the latter this Friday at the Mercedes-Benz Arena.
Stuttgart vs Mainz Head-to-head (h2h)
- Mainz had won four of the past six clashes.
- They had scored two or more goals in three of the preceding six meetings.
- The visitors had scored two or more goals in four of the last seven encounters at this ground.
- The latest match-up at this ground had ended in a 2-0 win for the hosts.
Stuttgart vs Mainz Prediction & Analysis
Stuttgart lost 2-1 on the road the last match-day, against Dortmund. They are also on a four-game losing run, and are on a seven-fixture winless stretch as well.
Going on, they have won just once at home since the first week of October, and just twice since May of 2021.
On the other hand, Mainz were held to a 1-1 draw by Koln the past game week. They were also unbeaten in 14 of their past 18 fixtures, and in the process they had even gone on two separate three-match, and four-game winning streaks.
Taking into account these observations, as well as past h2h superiority of Mainz, expect a win for them this Friday at the Mercedes-Benz Arena.
Key Stats for Betting
- Stuttgart have won just twice all through the current league campaign, and they are also one of the only three teams to stay winless in the past five game weeks in the competition.
- In fact, they are also one of the only two teams in the Bundesliga to have lost the last three games in a row. The other team being the dead-last placed Furth.
- Meanwhile, Mainz have lost just thrice on the road since January – and two of these losses had come against Leverkusen, and Dortmund.
- They are also on a five-game unbeaten streak (three of which were wins), and they had scored two or more goals in three of these five matches as well.
Tips for Stuttgart vs Mainz
Mainz to Win @ 2.40 (7/5)
Over 1.5 Team Goals by Mainz @ 2.00 (1/1).