Sporting CP vs Varzim
Portugal – Cup
Date: Thursday, 18 November 2021
Kick-off at 20:15 UK/ 21:15 CET
Venue: Estádio José Alvalade.
Sporting are the reigning champions of the Primeira Liga, and are going after one more title. They are in superb form, and are determined to try for the Portuguese Cup as well.
This Thursday they are at home, and are taking on Varzim – who are going through a poor spell of performances at the moment – and on top of that, they are from the lower division as well.
By all means, expect a huge win for the in-form Sporting this Thursday.
Sporting vs Varzim Head-to-head
- The latest encounter had ended in a 1-0 win for Sporting.
- They have a 100% winning record since 2000, barring two draws.
- They have kept clean sheets in three of the past four clashes.
- Not once have Varzim scored a goal at this stadium.
Sporting vs Varzim Prediction & Analysis
Sporting are on an eight-game winning streak, and had scored a total of 20 goals in the process. They had also kept clean sheets in four of the preceding six games.
Going on, their only defeat at home in the whole of 2021 had come in the Champions League, against Ajax.
On the other hand, not only are Varzim from the lower division, but they are under the threat of relegation even there. And considering their h2h superiority as well, expect a win for Sporting this Thursday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Sporting are the defending champions of Primeira Liga, and they had remained unbeaten in all but one of their league games the last season.
- They had conceded a total of 20 goals all through the competition – which was the least in the league.
- Meanwhile, Varzim are placed second to last in the Liga Portugal table (second division), and have won just once all through the campaign.
Tips for Sporting vs Varzim
Sporting -2.5 Asian Handicap @ 1.90 (9/10)
Over 3.5 Match Goals @ 2.20 (6/5).