Suduva vs Spartaks Jurmala
Europa League Qualifying – 3rd Round 2nd Leg
Date: Thursday, 16 August 2018
Kick-off at 18:00 UK/ 19:00 CET
Venue: ARVI futbolo arena (Marijampole).
Suduva vs Spartaks Jurmala Analysis and Prediction
- Suduva stole the bragging rights of the first half of this Baltic derby with a 1-0 narrow win in Latvia.
- Interestingly, both sides started their campaign in Champions League and were eliminated by Red Star Belgrade in two different rounds.
- Spartaks arrived Europa League a round earlier and defeated La Fiorita from San Marino 9-0.
- Both teams lack the experience of playing in Europe and the narrow 1-0 win in the first leg still keep the game in the balance.
- Thus punters must expect a fairly open game this Thursday, even Suduva with the lead knows well that they cannot be too defensive.
Suduva vs Spartaks Jurmala Betting Tips
Both teams to Score @ 2.10 (11/10).
All Analysis and Tips for Second Leg Europa League fixtures compiled by Aron Wright. Below, you may find the preview for first leg of the corresponding tie.
Suduva vs Spartaks Jurmala Preview
The Baltic clash in the third round of Europa League qualifiers is going to be contested between Spartaks and Suduva.
Home side are the Latvian champions, but they failed in the Champions League qualifiers on the first step. They were eliminated by Red Star although they were extremely tight in the back.
The Latvian club are in the middle of their domestic campaign and Spartaks are sitting on the 4th place, being eight points behind the top spot.
Aleksandr Grishin’s side has already passed one round successfully in this competition, after eliminating Sammarinese side La Fiorita pretty convincingly by 9-0 on aggregate.
Suduva also entered the competition after being unsuccessful in the Champions League qualifiers, and interestingly, they were also eliminated by Red Star.
The Lithuanians pulled the biggest surprise in the qualifiers for the top continental cup yet after knocking out APOEL with three quick goals by Rigino Cilicia in the first leg match played at home.
However, Red Star were better by 5-0 on aggregate and the Lithuanian champions have the chance to find their place in Europa League.
The visitors are very successful in the domestic league where they are sitting on the top of the table.
Suduva vs Spartaks Jurmala Head-to-head
These two sides didn’t have the chance to participate in European cups too often and this is going to be the first occasion for them to face each other.