Southend United vs Coventry City
England League One
Date: Saturday, 20 October 2018
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Roots Hall (Southend on Sea).
The Seasiders appointed Chris Powell as their manager to improve from last season’s performance. They finished 10th in 2017-18 campaign.
Powell became the first permanent manager to win the opening three games. Well that was almost it. They have won 6 games and with 5 losses they stand 9th in the table.
The Blues won their last League game away against Gillingham. The final score line was 2-0.
Goal scoring duties are properly carried out by Simon Cox ad Tom Hopper. Both of them have 6 goals each till now. A total of 17 goals have been scored by the team, 16 conceded in the process.
Sky Blues have 5 wins and defeats each in the 13 matches they played. They conceded more (13) than they have scored (11).
The team managed by Mark robins managed to get promoted to League 1 after League 2 playoff wins. They are currently in 12th in the league.
A 1-0 win against Wycombe was their previous action in the league.
Southend United vs Coventry City: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Last 6 meetings saw Southend winning 3 and losing only one.
- Both of them last met in March 2017 where the Seasiders won 2-0 that away game.
- In their last 10 matches Shrimpers have 5 wins and 4 defeats. At home they have 2 wins and losses each.
- Robins’ side has a similar record. They too have 5 wins and 4 losses in last 10 games. On last 5 away matches they won 2 and lost 2 as well.
- Last 3 away matches they played ended up having above 2.5 goals in total.
Southend United vs Coventry City: Prediction
Both the teams have a similar performance till now. Hosts and the visitors are fresh from victories in the league, so morale will be sky-high among both set of players.
Apart from the presence of two in-form forwards-Cox and Hopper-there is not much difference in both the squads. Maybe that is the only difference that matters for the home side.
Southend United vs Coventry City: Betting Tips
Southend to win @ 2.20 (6/5).
Under 2.5 goals @ 1.80 (4/5).