If you get the right information, you can master the art of soccer betting. Successful soccer betting enthusiasts rely on data and statistics about a match before making a decision. In this beginner’s guide with tips and advice, you will find essential information to help you get started with soccer betting.
What Do You Know About Soccer?
Before you start wagering on soccer, you should ask yourself what you know about the game. If you know a lot, then skip to the next tip. However, if you know nothing or very little, you must start here.
It will help if you find out as much as you can about soccer. For instance, how many players make up a team, how a team wins, and the popular leagues. After that, you should start watching games to understand the dynamics of the game.
This information will help you understand favorites and underdogs. When a bookmaker like Betway releases a betting line on any game, they normally decide the underdog and the favorite. The underdog is the most likely loser and vice versa. However, that does not mean that the underdog will lose.
Know How to Read Betting Lines
The sportsbooks usually decide the betting odds. The favorite team normally has lower odds than the underdog. However, there are various markets you can choose from, including:
- Three-way wager – here, you can bet on whether the home team will win or lose or bet on the game ending in a draw. 1 represents the home team, x represents a draw, while 2 is the away team.
- Double chance – this is a popular betting market that allows you to cover at least two possible outcomes. This means that you can bet on either team winning, but the odds will be lower.
- Over/Under – in this betting market, add the goals you predict the two teams will score and predict whether they will be more than a predetermined number.
Besides, you should also compare betting lines. When it comes to sports betting, price and value are essential elements. Use different sportsbooks to compare odds will give you an edge as a gambler. You should also remember that your odds will be locked the moment you place your wager.
Choose a Reputable Betting Site
It will also help if you place your bets on a reputable site. Nowadays, there are many sports betting sites that you could easily end up on a dubious site. Here are some tips to help you choose:
- A site like Betway that has been in operation for a while is easy to research and determine its operations.
- Go for a sportsbook that covers many soccer leagues.
- A sportsbook that has a blog with useful tips is great for a beginner.
- The site should be accessible from mobile devices.
- It should also have a reputation of paying its clients their wins regardless of the amount.
Manage Your Bankroll
To be successful in sports betting, you must understand your risk tolerance. You should know whether you will be ok with small wins or you prefer bigger wins. As a beginner, it will be best to go for smaller bets as you learn the game.
More experienced soccer betting enthusiasts will tell you that you must have a budget and stick to it. It is advisable to budget for the money you would afford to lose. The bigger challenge will be to stick to your budget. If you cannot handle this critical part of soccer betting, you better stay away!
Know When to Stop
It will also help if you knew when to stop. Before you begin betting, set a certain loss limit that, when you reach, you quit gambling. Avoid chasing losses as that will only open doors for more problems. Please, know when to stop!