Slovenia vs Cyprus
UEFA Nations League
Date: Tuesday, 16th October 2018
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Stadion Stozice (Ljubljana).
The home side are yet to obtain a point with 3 losses in their UNL campaign. Their tournament is possibly over as they host Cyprus on Tuesday.
Slovenia’s coach Tomaž Kavčič is under pressure with his team’s consecutive losses. Previous game in the league saw them lose to Norway for 1-0 away from home. St. Etienne midfielder Ole Selnaes scored the winner for Norway on first half injury time.
If goalkeeper Vid Belec was not there the opponents could have scored more. But his defenders were running ragged committing 15 fouls in the match.
Kavčič’s defense have conceded 5 goals from 3 games in UNL.
Cyprus are third in group table and are 6 points behind leaders Bulgaria. They will have to win all their remaining games and wait for the results of Bulgaria and Norway for progressing to upper league.
Meanwhile Ran Ben Shimon, the Cypriots coach is also in a fix himself .His team took the lead against Bulgaria in the last league match, but didn’t show the character to defend against the league leaders in the second. The game ended 2-1 in favor of Bulgaria.
Slovenia vs Cyprus head to head
- The reverse fixture saw Cyprus win at home with a score line 2-1.
- In the last 6 games played between them, Slovenia won 4 and Cyprus once. One match ended as a draw.
- Slovenia managed to score in all the games between them.
- Kavčič’s team has only 2 wins in last 10 games in all competitions. At home only 2 wins in last 6 games. They are currently on a 2 game losing streak.
- Cyprus are not much better. Cypriots have won only one game in last 10 matches; that was against Slovenia.
- Away record is far worse for them. A 7 game losing streak is active for them. Also they were happy to concede 16 goals in those games.
Slovenia vs Cyprus Prediction
Whenever Cyprus has visited them in a competitive match both teams found the net and then Slovenia went on to win the game.
Chances of goals will come from two forwards in both teams. Andraž Šporar of the home team has been in blistering form for his club, with 9 goals in 10 appearances. His counterpart Pieros Sotiriou has scored 4 goals in 4 appearances for his club as well.
Counting on these two we can expect goals from both teams.
Slovenia vs Cyprus Betting Tips
Slovenia to win @ 1.72 (5/7).
BTTS @ 2.20 (6/5).