Shrewsbury Town vs Sunderland
England League One
Date: Saturday, 20 October 2018
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Greenhous Meadow (Shrewsbury).
The Blues managed by newly appointed John Askey are 17th in the table with 2 wins and 5 losses. The team finished 3rd in the league last season.
Askey’s team has conceded 13 goals this season and will have to improve their performance to avoid relegation.
The Shrews lost the last game, an away fixture to Fleetwood 2-1. Josh Laurent scored the only goal for them that night.
Black Cats are going through the worst phase in their history. Two consecutive relegations saw them down and out from the Premier League and ending up here in League 1.
They were relegated to championship last season and after a sorry performance finished at the bottom of the table. A time to forget for their fans.
Coach Chris Coleman was sacked and Jack Ross came in this year. His team are resting at 5th position in the table with 6 wins in 12 games and only one loss.
They have scored 24 goals on the way. 9 of those were from the boot of English striker Josh Maja from his 12 caps.
Last league game was an away win (1-2) for them against Bradford City with Maja again on the scoresheet. Midfielder Max Power was suspended in that game and won’t be available for Saturdays clash.
Shrewsbury Town vs Sunderland: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Only once they crossed paths before. That was back in 2016 in EFL Cup when Sunderland won 1-0.
- The hosts have 4 wins and 2 losses in last 10 games. At home 3 wins in 5 and are on a 6 games unbeaten run.
- Sunderland have won 5 of their last 10 and lost just 1.Currently they are unbeaten in 5 games.
- In 3 of the last 5 games they played over 2.5 goals in total was scored.
- They also have a good away record with just one loss more importantly 3 wins in 5 previous outings.
Shrewsbury Town vs Sunderland: Prediction
With their consecutive wins Jack’s team looks in pole position. They have an in form striker in Maja who can cause damage to the home defense.
Being 12 positions above the hosts Sunderland will be able to have mental dominance over them.
Hosts have consider their defensive duties more seriously. They have already conceded more goals than the number of matches they played.
Shrewsbury Town vs Sunderland: Betting Tips
Sunderland win @ 2.70 (17/10).
BTTS @ 1.91 (10/11).