Shrewsbury vs Stoke City
England – FA Cup
Date: Saturday, 5th January 2019
Kick-off at 12.30 UK/ 13.30 CET
Venue: Greenhouse Meadow (Shrewsbury).
Shrewsbury receives Stoke this week at the Greenhouse Meadow to compete in their 3rd round of English Football Domestic Competition, FA Cup. The match takes place on Saturday.
Shrewsbury is placed 16th in the League One table after registering 30 points this season. They have a record of 7 wins, 9 draws and 10 losses till the last match-day. The team managed to get on the score sheet 29 times and conceded 32 in return.
Stoke holds the 14th spot in the Championship table and has 35 points against their name. They won 8 games, drew 11 and lost 7. Stoke scored 30 goals and let in 31 into their net.
In their last fixture, Shrewsbury drew against Fleetwood, at home. At the end of the ninety minutes, the score was 0-0. Stoke lost against Bristol City, at home, in their last fixture, and the final score was 0-2.
Shrewsbury vs Stoke City Head-to-head (h2h)
- Stoke won the last h2h match against Shrewsbury.
- Shrewsbury was winless in 5 of their last 6 matches.
- Stoke was unbeaten in 8 of their last 10 games.
- Shrewsbury was winless in 4 of their last 10 home-ties.
- Stoke was unbeaten in 8 of their last 9 fixtures on the road.
- Shrewsbury has scored in 9 of their last 10 overall matches, and in 13 of their last 15 home-ties.
- Stoke has scored in 6 of their last 10 overall games, and in 7 of their last 10 away fixtures.
- Docherty G has been the best player for Shrewsbury with 5 goals, and Afobe B for Stoke, with 6 goals and 2 assists.
Shrewsbury vs Stoke City Prediction
The famed defense of Stoke will come into play in determining the winner of the match. Stoke already has a 100% winning record against Shrewsbury, and considering that the latter is just three points away from relegation to the League Two, the stakes and pressure are much higher for them.
Stoke is a comfortable mid-table team in the English Championship. They are much more relaxed compared to Shrewsbury, who are in a constant battle for survival to stay in the League One.
As much stronger teams are in contention for the FA Cup, if they had to choose one, Shrewsbury would opt to not get relegated at the end of the season rather than progress to the next stage of the domestic cup and the added pressure and responsibility along with it.
Shrewsbury will find it hard to break down the ironclad defense of Stoke, and the visitors will most likely keep a clean sheet against the struggling frontline of the League One relegation-battlers.
Expect Stoke to win the match and progress to the fourth round of the FA Cup.
Shrewsbury vs Stoke City Betting Tips
To Win: Stoke @ 2.00 (1/1)
Clean Sheet: Stoke – YES @ 2.62 (13/8).