Sheffield United vs Stoke
Date: 16 October 2021, Saturday
Kick-Off: 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Bramall Lane.
Sheffield United take on Stoke City in Saturday’s EFL Championship game at Bramall Lane. Read our Previews, Predictions and Betting Tips with Analysis.
Sheffield United vs Stoke Head-to-Head
- Both these sides have faced each other only 5 times in the past.
- Both teams have won 1 game each.
- 14 goals have been scored in this fixture.
- On an average, 2.80 goals is being scored per game in this fixture.
- The last time these two sides faced each other, the game ended in a 2-2 draw.
Key Stats for Betting
- In the last 5 home games for Sheffield United, they have won twice, lost twice and drawn once.
- In those 5 games, Sheffield have scored 10 goals and conceded 7 goals.
- In the last 5 away games for Stoke City, they have lost twice, drawn twice and won once.
- In those 5 games, Stoke City have scored 5 goals and conceded 7 goals.
Sheffield United vs Stoke Prediction & Analysis
The hosts currently sit in 14th position in the Championship table with 12 points on board after 11 Championship games as they have lost twice, won twice and drawn once in their last 5 Championship games.
Sheffield come into this fixture on the back of a 2-1 loss away from home against Bournemouth in a game which saw Morgan Gibbs-White score in the second half of the game.
On the other side of the field, the visitors, Stoke City currently sit in 4th position in the Championship table with 21 points on board after 11 Championship games as they have won twice, drawn twice and lost once in their last 5 games in the Championship.
Stoke City come into this fixture on the back of a 1-0 win at home against West Bromwich Albion in a huge game which saw Nick Powell get on the score sheet in the 79th minute of the game as he won the game and 3 big points.
Taking the above into consideration, we back the odds at 3.40 for the visitors, Stoke City to win this fixture. So far in this Championship season, Stoke City have gone from strength to strength and there is no surprise why they are in fourth position in the Championship table given that they have been consistent.
Consequently, we back the odds at 2.10 for goals over 2.5 in this fixture. Both sides will be pushing for the win in this game. Sheffield will be aiming to use the advantage of playing at home with their fans while Stoke City will be looking to silence the hosts.
This should be an enticing battle to watch. According to the head-to-head statistic, 2.80 goals are being scored per game. Hence, we should see goals over 2.5 in this fixture.
Tips for Sheffield United vs Stoke
Stoke City to win @ 3.40
Goals over 2.5 @ 2.10