Salzburg vs Wolfsberger AC
Austria – Bundesliga.
Date: Sunday, 21 June 2020
Kick-Off at 16:00 UK/ 17:00 CET
Venue: Red Bull Arena (Salzburg)
Salzburg has not lost a beat since the restart after the break. They have an 8 game unbeaten run going on in all competitions. This includes 7 wins in both league and Cup matches. They were drawn by this same opposition in the reverse fixture last matchday.
Wolfsberger is losing important points in their last 4 league fixtures. They are 4 matches without a win presently and have lost the chance to replace LASK in third place. The visitors are also coming into this match after losing their last match on the road against Rapid Vienna.
Salzburg vs Wolfsberger AC: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Salzburg has three wins and a loss in the 5 previous meetings with this opposition.
- Four of those five games had over 2.5 goals in total.
- Both sides found the back of the net in three of those matches as well.
- The hosts have never lost to Wolfsberger in their home soil.
- They have won all 6 latest head to head matches at this ground.
- In 5 of their last 6 meetings here more than 2.5 goals were scored.
Salzburg vs Wolfsberger AC: Prediction
The reigning champs will be looking to make amends for the points they lost in the reverse fixture. With a winning streak going on at home they will be on top of their game on Sunday. Meanwhile, Wolfsberger has lost two of their last 4 matches on the road ad are winless in 4 games as well.
The majority of league fixtures of both these teams were high scoring matches.
In terms of scoring Salzburg has touched a milestone after netting 90 goals this season. With a handful of games to go, they will be aiming for a century in scoring. The visitors are also good at scoring but they need something special to break through the home defense. Salzburg also boasts the best defensive stats in the competition but has conceded in three recent home games. So I am backing a score with over 3.5 goals and both teams scoring.
Salzburg vs Wolfsberger AC: Betting Tips
- Over 3.5 goals @ 1.80 (4/5).
- Both teams to score @ 1.67 (2/3).
Looking for More Games? Let’s Jump to our main Football Tips Page.