Salzburg vs RB Leipzig
UEFA Europa League
Date: Thursday, 29 November 2018
Kick-off at 17.55 UK/ 18.55 CET
Venue: Red Bull Arena, Salzburg.
Leipzig travels to Austria to take on Salzburg in the fifth match day of the UEFA Europa League. Salzburg leads the Group B standings with 12 points from their 4 matches. Their record reads four wins, zero draws and zero losses. Salzburg managed to score 14 goals in the process and conceded just five.
Leipzig occupies the second spot in the table. They have registered six points on the table from their four fixtures. Their record stands two wins, zero draws and two losses. Leipzig scored eight goals in their European campaign and conceded six.
Leipzig suffered an away defeat in their last match day against Wolfsburg in their Bundesliga campaign. The final scoreline was 1-0 in favor of the hosts. The match stood at 0-0 when the first 45 minutes were over.
But Wolfsburg improved their intensity in the second half, and it doled out instant rewards. The home team scored the lone goal and the winner in the 50th minute.
Salzburg decimated their opponents in their last league game, on the road. Hartberg conceded four unanswered goals in the second half after keeping the scoreline 0-0 for 49 minutes. Four different goalscorers chipped in for the away team, which improves their team morale by a mile.
Salzburg vs RB Leipzig Head-to-head (h2h)
- Salzburg holds an unbeaten record over RB Leipzig.
- Their last head-to-head match resulted in an away win for Salzburg, and the scoreline read 2-3 in favor of the guests, Salzburg. The match was in UEFA Europa League 2018-19.
- Every single match between these teams has seen both sides getting on the scoresheet.
- Every single match has seen five or more match goals.
- Salzburg is on a five-match winning streak, and on a mammoth 27-game unbeaten run, 23 of them wins.
- Leipzig has lost two of their last three games.
- Salzburg is on a 22-match unbeaten run at home, 19 of them wins.
- Leipzig has been winless in six of their last nine away ties.
Salzburg vs RB Leipzig Prediction
The home team holds the advantage in this tie. They have been on a roll this season. As of now, they are on a five-match winning streak, and a 27-match unbeaten run. They recorded 23 wins during this run.
At home too, they have been a deadly opponent. They have not suffered a loss in their last 22 ties at home.
Leipzig, on the other hand, has been struggling recently. They remained winless in six of their last nine away games. They have also not won a single game in their entire history, against Salzburg.
Their last match against Salzburg, at home, ended in a 2-3 defeat for the hosts.
Every single match between these teams has seen at least five goals. It’s just reasonable to assume the match will have more than 2.5 goals.
Salzburg vs RB Leipzig Betting Tips
Salzburg: Draw No Bet @ 2.85 (13/7)
Over 2.5 match goals @ 1.50 (1/2).