Rennes vs Leicester
UEFA Europa Conference League
Date: Thursday, 17 March 2022
Kick-off at 17:45 UK/ 18:45 CET
Venue: Roazhon Park.
Leicester registered a confidence-boosting 2-0 win at home in the first leg, which gives them a definite edge in this return fixture.
However, Rennes are in spectacular form, especially so at home. They are determined to make a comeback, and it goes without saying that sparks are about to fly at the Roazhon Park.
Rennes have to make a comeback from two goals down, and they will have no option but to go after goals right from the get-go.
All of these points to a high-scoring thriller this Thursday between the two.
Rennes vs Leicester Head-to-head (h2h)
- Rennes had beaten Arsenal at this stadium in 2018-19, in the Europa.
- They had also drawn 2-2 here, against Tottenham, in the group stages of the Conference League.
- Meanwhile, Leicester had registered a 2-0 win at home in the first leg of this tie.
Rennes vs Leicester Prediction & Analysis
Rennes had won four of the last five overall matches, and they had scored two or more goals in these four fixtures.
They are also on a winning streak at home in the past five appearances, and they had slotted in a total of 14 goals from their previous four matches here.
On the other hand, Leicester had won four of their former five fixtures, and their sole loss during this stretch had come against the in-form Arsenal.
Both the Foxes as well as Rennes are in form, and as the latter are under pressure to overcome the two-goal deficit, expect attacking football from the starting whistle. Anticipate goals in plenty this Thursday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Rennes have scored the most number of goals in the French top flight, with the exception of PSG. Just two goals fewer than the Parisians.
- Meanwhile, the Foxes have scored two or more goals in five of the past eight overall fixtures. They have also done so in two of the former three road trips.
Tips for Rennes vs Leicester
Both Teams to Score @ 1.67 (2/3)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 1.90 (9/10).