Reims vs Orleans
France – League Cup
Date: Wednesday, 31st October 2018
Kick-off at 20.05 UK/ 21.05 CET
Venue: Stade Auguste-Delaune, Reims.
It’s a Ligue 1 vs Ligue 2 clash in the Round of 16 of League Cup. Reims, the ninth-place team in the top-most tier, takes on the fifth-place team of Ligue 2, Orleans.
Reims put on a spectacular display last week against Rennes, humbling them at their own home. Along with scoring two goals past Abdoulaye Diallo, the victors also managed to keep a clean sheet. Remi Oudin was definitely the star of the night with both of the goals. Xavier Chavalerin and Marvin Martin chipped in with the assists.
Orleans too come in strong into this match after humiliating Red Star, on the road. Orleans had a peach of a first half with three unanswered goals. They added one more in the second half. The scoreline read a mammoth 4-0. Anthony Le Tallec, the scorer of the third goal was substituted in the 75th minute for Jordan Tell.
The substitution was instantly effective as Tell put the ball into the net the second minute he came on. Orleans forwards are on terrific form for the last few weeks. They tend to find the net with no difficulty at all.
Reims vs Orleans Head-to-head (h2h)
- Reims won the last two matches against Orleans. Both with a score line of 2-0.
- Reims is on a run of five unbeaten matches and has lost just once in their last nine outings.
- Orleans is on a six-match winning streak and has lost just one of their last eleven matches.
- Orleans kept a clean sheet in each of their last six matches.
- Reims is on a five-match unbeaten streak at home and has lost just three of last fifteen and four of last 22 matches at home.
- Orleans has lost eight of their last 15 ties on the road. This stretch also included seven losses in a row and another streak of ten winless matches.
Reims vs Orleans Prediction
Reims is the overwhelming favourite for this tie despite the recent good performances of the opponent. Sure, Orleans has been killing it in the Ligue 2. But it has to be noted that most of the games were at home, and all of them were in Ligue 2.
They have suffered, and suffered bad, on the road. This year alone they had a run of seven losses in a row and ten matches consecutively without a win. Against a quality opposition like Reims, it goes without saying that Orleans are the huge underdogs.
The match will be comfortably controlled by Reims. The home advantage too will come into play as Reims aims to progress to the quarter finals.
Reims will constantly charge through the left and put long balls behind the Orleans defence. Their constant crosses will be sure to trouble the visitors. Reims has an astonishing ability to hang on to a lead once they have scored.
Expect a total win for Reims where they would easily outplay the guests.
Reims vs Orleans Betting Tips
Reims to win @ 1.73 (8/11)
Half Time/Full Time: Reims/Reims @ 2.70 (17/10).