RB Leipzig vs Atalanta
Date: Thursday, 7 April 2022
Kick-off at 17:45 UK/ 18:45 CET
Venue: Red Bull Arena.
Leipzig are placed fourth in the German top flight at the moment, and they have also been going through a good stretch of performances. It also needs to be mentioned that they have been finding the back of the net consistently all through this campaign.
Going on, they are at home this Thursday, and will want to make the most of this first leg, against the visiting Italians.
Meanwhile, Atalanta did have a spell of weak results some time back in their league campaign. But they have once again risen back to prominence, and are registering good results.
However, they have quite some distance to cover due to their dropped points, and this has put some urgency in the way they are playing.
As these two squads take on each other this Thursday at the Red Bull Arena, expect a fierce encounter. And with quality offense on either side of the pitch, anticipate goals in huge numbers too.
RB Leipzig vs Atalanta Head-to-head (h2h)
- These two teams are about to lock horns for the first time.
- Leipzig have a 100% winning record against other Italian squads.
- They had scored two or more goals in all such fixtures.
- Meanwhile, Atalanta had slotted in a total of four goals in their past two fixtures against German foes.
RB Leipzig vs Atalanta Prediction & Analysis
Leipzig just registered a massive 1-4 win on the road the last match-day, against none other than Dortmund. They had received a walkover in their Round of 16 tie, as they were pitted against a Russian club (Spartak Moscow).
Their performances at home have been simply top-notch for quite some time, and they have found the back of the net in amazing consistency as well.
On the other hand, Atalanta won three of their past five overall games, and they had managed to overcome the in-form German club Leverkusen in their Round of 16 fixture.
As these two take on each other this Thursday, expect attacking football right from the get-go, and goals in plenty too.
Key Stats for Betting
- Only Bayern, Dortmund and Leverkusen have scored more goals than Leipzig in the German top flight this season.
- They have lost just twice at this venue since September, and one of these losses had come against the third-placed Leverkusen.
- Meanwhile, Atalanta have lost just thrice on the road this whole season. One of these losses had come against Manchester United in the Champions League, while one other defeat had come in the Serie A, against Roma.
Tips for RB Leipzig vs Atalanta
Both Teams to Score @ 1.67 (2/3)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 1.75 (3/4).