PSV Eindhoven vs Utrecht
Netherlands – Eredivisie
Date: Saturday, 4 December 2021
Kick-off at 15:30 UK / 16:30 CET
Venue: Philips Stadion.
PSV will come into this on the back of four successive wins at home in Eredivisie. They have scored 12 goals along the way. They are now up against Utrecht who are struggling to translate their home performances on travels. The home win has to be the only logical betting option here.
PSV Eindhoven vs Utrecht Head-to-head
- Utrecht did not have much luck at all in the history of away clashes against PSV Eindhoven.
- They lost 27, drew 1, and won 1 of the last 29 visits to Philips Stadion.
- PSV have a 77-14 goal difference in 29 home matches against Utrecht.
PSV Eindhoven vs Utrecht Predictions & Analysis
PSV Eindhoven will try and keep ground on Ajax at the top of the Eredivisie standings on Saturday afternoon when they play host to Utrecht in the 15th round of the competition.
Roger Schmidt’s men are two points shy of the defending champions after playing only a 1-1 draw at Heerenveen six days ago.
PSV Eindoven conceded the equalizer from Heerenveen’s lone shot on target on the occasion.
They should now have a tough challenge on paper given the 4th-placed Utrecht come to visit Philips Stadion.
However, we see PSV as big favorites because Utrecht are a completely different team when they play away from home.
Rene Hake’s troops represent a formidable force on the home patch where they won six and drew one of seven league games this term.
On the road, though, Utrecht lost four of seven Eredivisie fixtures, including each of the last three against Ajax, AZ, and Vitesse.
Utrecht have conceded nine goals in the process. They are now up against the second-best attacking line in the competition.
It is thus very hard to look past the home win pick here, especially knowing that PSV Eindhoven have won six of seven home fixtures this season.
Key Stats for Betting
- PSV Eindhoven won four consecutive home matches in the Eredivisie.
- Utrecht lost three successive away outings in the league, conceding nine goals in the process.
- PSV Eindhoven won 27, drew 1, and lost 2 of the last 29 home matches against Utrecht.
- PSV Eindhoven scored 21 goals in 7 home fixtures in this term of the Eredivisie.
Tips for PSV Eindhoven vs Utrecht
PSV Eindhoven to win @ 1.50 (1/2)
Over 2.5 goals FT @ 1.53 (8/15).