PSG vs Angers
France – Ligue 1
Date: Friday, 15 October 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Parc des Princes.
It’s unlikely that PSG will be able to let any of their South American stars play this Friday, due to the conflicting schedule of the CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers.
Still, they have enough talent in their ranks to secure a comfortable win against Angers, over whom they hold a phenomenal h2h record. Read our Preview, Predictions, and Betting Tips with Analysis here.
PSG vs Angers Head-to-head
- The latest encounter had ended in a 5-0 win for Mauricio Pochettino’s men.
- They had a combined scorecard of 16-0, from the last four meetings.
- They are on a 12-fixture winning streak, which stretches back to 2016.
PSG vs Angers Prediction & Analysis
PSG lost 2-0 on the road the last match-day, against Rennes. In the meantime, Angers won 3-2 at home against Metz.
Going on, the Parisians had won nine of their previous eleven games, and they had scored two or more goals in all of these fixtures.
They are also on an 11-match unbeaten run at home, and 10 of these were wins. Note that they had scored twice or more in 13 of their preceding 15 home appearances.
On the other hand, their counterparts were winless in four of their past five fixtures, and they were winless in nine of their last ten road trips. In the process, they had also gone on a six-game losing streak.
And most importantly, the Parisians have an unbelievable h2h record against this rival over the years.
For all these reasons, expect a thumping win for PSG this Friday.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Parisians are at the top of the table with a six-point lead, and they have a 100% winning record this season, barring a single loss.
- They have a 100% winning record at home in 2021-22, and have a combined scorecard of 12-3 in the process.
- They have comfortably scored the most number of goals of all the teams in the competition, and only Nice have conceded fewer than them in the whole French top flight. Do note that Nice have a game in hand.
- The last season, Angers had to settle for a 13th place finish, and only one team in the top-15 of the table had conceded more goals than them.
- This time around, Angers are 100% winless on the road, disregarding just a single fixture.
Tips for PSG vs Angers
PSG -1.5 Asian Handicap @ 1.90 (9/10)
Over 1.5 Second Half Goals @ 1.75 (3/4).