Peterborough vs Accrington Stanley
England League One
Date: Saturday, 20 October 2018
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: ABAX Stadium (Peterborough).
The home team Coached by the newly signed Steve Evans are looking to better their previous season. They finished 9th in League 1 in 2017-2018.
The Posh has started well with 8 wins in 13 matches. Being Second in the table they have a base to work on.
Goal scoring has been their backbone this season. Forward Matthew Godden has netted 9 goals in his 13 appearances for the team. Scottish striker Jason Cummings was signed on loan and he quickly settled in with 6 goals in 11 caps.
The team has scored a whopping 30 goals already this season.
Last league fixture saw them win at Scunthorpe with 2 goals from Godden in the second half.
Stanley under John Coleman was promoted after they won the League 2 last year. They are currently 6th in the table with 6 wins.
A 3-1 win at home against Bradford City have boosted their confidence. Sean McConville and Billy Kee were on the scoresheet for the home side.
Both of them has 11 goals between them and are slowly getting stronger.
Peterborough vs Accrington Stanley: Head-to-head (h2h)
- In 4 matches played against each other, all in league 2 from 2006-2008 the Posh has 3 wins and 1 loss. Three of those four games had over 4.5 goals in total.
- They last met in 2008 where Peterborough had a thumping victory over their opponents. The final score was 8-2.
- The second best team in the table has 3 wins and 4 losses in their last 10 games from all competitions. 8 of those 10 matches recorded over 2.5 goals in total.
- At home they are on a 5 game winless streak including 3 losses. In all those games they never maintained a clean-sheet.
- Stanley won 5 of their last 10 in all competitions, with over 2.5 goals in last 2 matches.
- They have 2 away wins in last 5 but conceded in all but one of those fixtures.
Peterborough vs Accrington Stanley: Prediction
Both the teams have god goal scoring record at this early stage of the season. With Godden and Cummings on one side and McConville on the other goals are easy to come.
The away side has a below par away record and considering the home performance of the Posh a slight advantage for Stanley can evolve. The home side are under pressure as they have not won a game in their own turf since August.
Steve’s men have to improve that stat to stay in the fight for title.
Peterborough vs Accrington Stanley: Betting Tips
BTTS @ 1.53 (6/11).
Draw @ 3.60 (13/5).