Palmeiras vs Ceara
Brazil – Serie A
Date: Sunday, 21 October 2018
Kick-Off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Allianz Parque (Sao Paulo).
The Big green is having a great season under Luiz Felipe Scolari. The man who led Brazil to a World Cup title in 2002 and has a stupendous club record again proved why he is one of the most successful managers in Brazilian leagues.
The club who finished 2nd last time out are on the top of the table after 29 rounds played. They have 17 wins and 4 losses and looking strong in promotion to Copa Libertadores.
The team is enjoying a 4 game win streak and have to win this game to avoid threat from teams in 2nd and 3rd position. Forwards Willian Gomes and Deyverson have 16 goals and 4 assists between them.
The Big Grandpa-as they are called- coached by Lisca was promoted this season from Serie B. But things have gone off the road for the manager as the team slipped to relegation zone with 11 of 28 matches lost.
They too are in need of a win to get out of the puzzle they are in and stay in the league for another season.
Palmeiras vs Ceara: Head-to-head (h2h)
- In 8 h2h matches played in both Serie A and Serie B, Palmeiras have 2 wins and one defeat. 5 matches ended as a stalemate.
- Their previous h2h match was in June this year which was a 2-2 draw.
- The hosts have 7 wins in 10 games with only one loss. Currently they have an 8 game undefeated streak.
- At home 4 wins in 5 matches have shown their brilliant home record.
- The “Dearest” however have lost 3 and won 4 of last 10 matches. 1 win in their 5 away matches is below par.
Palmeiras vs Ceara: Prediction
A win is almost guaranteed for the home side unless miracles occur. With their home statistics that is near perfect and adding that to the away woes of Ceara, home fans can already celebrate.
With Willian and Deyverson can improve their goal tally against the weak defence of the visitors.
The team from Fortaleza have to prepare themselves for a long night.
Palmeiras vs Ceara: Betting Tips
Over 2.5 goals @ 2.14 (8/7).
HT/FT as Palmeiras/Palmeiras @ 2.15 (8/7).