Oxford United vs Wycombe
England- League One- Play-Offs
Date: Monday, 13 July 2020
Kick-Off at 19:30 UK/ 20:30 CET
Venue: Wembley Stadium (London)
This is the only game remaining in League One, to decide who goes to Championship. Oxford has edged past Portsmouth in the semi-finals of the playoffs to reach here. They finished fourth in the normal season with a well-balanced performance. They remain unbeaten against this opposition in all games this season. So they will have the mental advantage when taking onto the field this Monday.
Wycombe ended the normal season with the defeat against Doncaster Rovers. But it did not phase them in the playoff matches against Fleetwood. The Blues are still coping with the controversies in and out of the pitch.
Oxford United vs Wycombe: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Oxford has a three-match winning streak going on against Wycombe.
- They are unbeaten in the last five head to head matches against this opposition.
- More than 2.5 goals were scored in three of those five games across all venues.
- The hosts are unbeaten in the seven previous league games on the trot.
- The visitors have scored in seven league games on the trot.
Oxford United vs Wycombe: Prediction
Wycombe has already lost to this opposition twice in the 2019 season. In fact, they have not won in any competitive head to head since December 2015. Also, the Yellows have a much better attack and defense than the Blues. Solely based on the previous history between these two sides I am backing the team from Oxford to win this tie.
The Yellows have conceded in both legs of the play-off semi-finals but managed to get an extra goal to qualify. This habit of giving away silly goals could hurt them at Wembley this Monday. The away team has also displayed problems in their backline. Similar to oxford they have also conceded plenty in both the legs of the playoffs. They also have the least goal difference among the top five teams in the table. So we can expect a final score with goals from both of them.
Oxford United vs Wycombe: Betting Tips
- Oxford United to win @ 1.50 (1/2).
- Both teams to score @ 1.95 (10/11).