HJK vs Olimpija Ljubljana
Europa League Qualifying – 3rd Round 2nd Leg
Date: Thursday, 16 August 2018
Kick-off at 17:00 UK/ 18:00 CET
Venue: Telia 5G-Areena (Helsinki).
HJK vs Olimpija Ljubljana Analysis for Prediction
- The massive 3-0 win in the first leg place Olimpija Ljubljana in a perfect spot for the second leg.
- The Slovenian side have a miserable record in European away nights, but a 3 goal lead is an uphill task for any opponent to overturn.
- HJK, playing for pride in front of their home fans, have a decent home record in Europe, combined Champions and Europa League qualifiers.
- In Europa League qualifiers, HJK lost just 2 of their last 12 home games, won 6 and drew 4.
- Thus, the record Finnish league champions could win here, but they are end up short on goal aggregate.
HJK vs Olimpija Ljubljana Betting Tips
- FT – HJK to win at 1/1 (2.00).
- Over 2.5 ft goals at 5/4 (2.25).
All Analysis and Tips for Second Leg Europa League fixtures compiled by Aron Wright. Below, you may find the preview for first leg of the corresponding tie.
This is the round of the Europa League where the football gets serious and if the clubs can get past this stage they enter the play offs for a chance to be in the group stages of this seasons competition.
Olimpija Ljubljana beat Crusaders 6-2 in the last round and the team are drawn in the champions path of the qualifying stages.
For this 2 legged affair Olimpija have been made the favourites to win the first tie and the club will start as the odds on favourites.
HJK Helsinki can be backed at odds of 4.00 to create a shock and take an advantage back home.
This match should see end to end attacking play and fans will be in for a memorable match as Olimpija are sure to start strong, they were very convincing in their last game.
HJK vs Olimpija Ljubljana Head to Head
There are no known head to head’s between the two sides.