Notts County vs Cambridge United
England – League Two
Date: Saturday, 12th January 2019
Kick-off at 15.00 UK/ 16.00 CET
Venue: Meadow Lane (Nottingham).
Arguably the weakest team in the competition is taking on another side with the fear of relegation hanging over their head. No team other than Notts County has conceded over 50 goals in their course of league matches this season. The team let past a worrying 56 goals past their defense. And interestingly, their opponents for this match, Cambridge United have conceded the second-most goals in the tournament, 47 goals so far.
It will surely be a treat for the fans as this match winds down, maybe not in quality, but in competitive spirit for sure. Two sides in grave danger, with a need of immediate reparations, go at each other. What more could a football fan ask for!
Notts County vs Cambridge United Head-to-head (h2h)
- The last six h2h wins in a row belong to United.
- Cambridge has scored against the Magpies at this venue, in every league game they participated.
- The U’s have scored three or more goals in three of their last four head-to-head games.
- The Notts have not won a single game against this opposition in the last decade.
- County has scored at least a goal at this venue, against Colin Calderwood’s men, in five of their last six h2h matches. They have also scored two goals or more in four of their last six h2h games at the Meadow Lane.
Notts County vs Cambridge United Prediction
As two of the worst defenses in the league come together, it’s sure to be a goal-fest. Both these teams have conceded a total of 103 goals in their league season so far. If recent matches are any indication, the trend seems to have no intention of coming to a halt.
The last two separate matches of both these teams had a combined 16 goals between them. On top of that, five of the last seven h2h matches had over 2.5 goals, and three of the last four had four goals or more. The most recent h2h match saw a total of five goals, while the most recent one at this venue had six goals in the ninety minutes.
Coming to a conclusion from these facts, and taking into consideration that, both these teams have lost most of their second halves in this season’s league matches – there is good value in backing both teams to score in second half option, as well as the Over 2.5 Match goals & BTTS combination bet.
Notts County vs Cambridge United Betting Tips
Both Teams to Score in Second Half: YES @ 3.25 (9/4)
Total Goals/Both Teams to Score: Over 2.5 Match Goals/ YES @ 2.25 (5/4).