Montenegro vs Turkey
World Cup Qualification
Date: Tuesday, 16 November 2021
Kick-off at 19:45 UK/ 20:45 CET
Venue: Podgorica City Stadium.
Group G is inching towards a photofinish, and the Turks have the ammunition to deliver the killer blow. In this must-win and final match-up, they take on the already-eliminated Montenegro, who have been on poor form for quite some time now.
By all means, expect Turkey to rise to the occassion, and deliver the three points this Tuesday.
Montenegro vs Turkey Head-to-head
- The Turks have a 100% unbeaten record.
- They have scored two or more goals in all but one clash.
- The latest meeting had ended in a 2-2 draw.
- At home, the Montenegrins have conceded two or more goals in all encounters.
Montenegro vs Turkey Prediction & Analysis
Montenegro recorded a 2-2 draw at home the last match-day, against toppers Netherlands. And they surely will be eager to keep the streak going, and record another good performance this Tuesday – especially in front of their home crowd.
However, Turkey seem too determined to let that happen. They are in great form. In fact, they had recorded a 6-0 win at home the last match-day, against Gibraltar, and they had also won three of their former six games.
Going on, they are ranked 39th by FIFA in the world, while their counterparts for the day are placed 73rd in the same list.
On top of that, the Montenegrins also have a poor h2h record against this foe over the years, and have conceded in plenty over the years.
Taking into account these observations, expect a deserved win for Turkey at the Podgorica City Stadium.
Key Stats for Betting
- Montenegro are out of the competition, and have a single win to their name in the last five match-days in the tournament. This sole victory had come against the dead-last placed Gibraltar.
- This also happens to be their only win at home in this entire qualification run.
- Meanwhile, the Turks are placed second in the table, and are trailing just two points below the first-placed Netherlands. At the same time, they are level on points with the third-placed Norway as well.
- And since the Dutch are taking on the Norwegians next, at least one of the two will be dropping points. This is a great opportunity for Turkey. Should they win, and if the result comes favorable in the Netherlands-Norway game, they could qualify for Qatar this Tuesday itself.
Montenegro vs Turkey Betting Tips
Turkey to Win & Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.75 (7/4)
Over 1.5 Team Goals by Turkey @ 1.83 (5/6).