Monchengladbach vs Freiburg
Germany – Bundesliga
Date: Sunday, 5 December 2021
Kick-off at 16:30 UK / 17:30 CET
Venue: Stadion im BORUSSIA-PARK.
The home court advantage plays a big role for Monchengladbach in this term of the Bundesliga. It has also been very important in the history of head to head encounters between these two teams. Knowing also that Freiburg travel to BORUSSIA-PARK off the back of three subsequent defeats, the home win is the only logical betting option here.
Monchengladbach vs Freiburg Head-to-head
- Eight of the last nine head to head encounters between these two teams saw goals scored at both ends.
- Monchengladbach have a great record at home against Freiburg with 12 wins, 7 draws, and only 2 losses in the last 21 head to head encounters on the home patch.
- Monchengladbach won seven and drew one of the last eight home outings against Freiburg.
Monchengladbach vs Freiburg Predictions & Analysis
Borussia Monchengladbach host Freiburg in the last game of the Matchday No 14 on Sunday afternoon at Stadion im BORUSSIA-PARK.
M’gladbach have generally shown much better performances on the home patch than on the road so far in the season.
They won four and drew two of six home outings in this term of the Bundesliga. Adi Hutter’s men have conceded only four goals in the process.
It is pretty hard to explain their dreadful showings on the road, though. Borussia will thus go into this tie off the back of a tough 4-1 defeat at Koln last weekend.
On a positive note for Hutter and his troops, they are up against the out-of-form opposition this Sunday.
Freiburg enjoyed a terrific start to the season but their form has seen a massive slide in the last several weeks.
Christian Streich’s troops have thus lost three league games on the spin despite playing the likes of Eintracht Frankfurt and Bochum in the last two matches.
The latest defeat came eight days ago when Freiburg fell 2-1 away at Bochum. The visitors are still inside the top-four in the Bundesliga standings, though.
Key Stats for Betting
- Monchengladbach won four and drew two of six home matches in this term of the Bundesliga.
- Freiburg lost three subsequent league games going into this tie.
- Monchengladbach won seven and drew one of the last eight home clashes against Freiburg.
- Four of Monchengladbach’s last five games in all competitions produced at least three goals.
Tips for Monchengladbach vs Freiburg
Monchengladbach to win @ 1.83 (5/6)
Over 2.5 goals FT @ 1.72 (8/11)