Monchengladbach vs Bayer Leverkusen
Germany – Bundesliga
Date: Saturday, 15 January 2022
Kick-off at 17:30 UK/ 18:30 CET
Leverkusen are placed high up the table, and have been a contender to secure a CL spot so far. However, their form has been slightly worrying lately.
They are dropping points in almost every other fixture, and they have also been conceding goals in huge numbers.
Meanwhile, Monchengladbach are struggling to stay above the relegation cut-off. They have had one of the worst defenses in the entire German top flight this season, and they have seldom won at all during this Bundesliga campaign.
However, they just recorded a win against the almighty Bayern, and they are brimming with confidence. The team will be determined to make this win count, and build some much-needed momentum.
By the looks of things, either team will try to go after the three points, and considering the weak defenses of both, expect goals in plenty this weekend.
Monchengladbach vs Bayer Leverkusen Head-to-head (h2h)
- Four of the past five clashes had three or more goals.
- Three of the preceding five meetings had goals from both teams.
- The hosts have a single clean sheet at this stadium in the past six-year period.
- The latest match-up at this ground had ended in a 0-1 win for the guests.
Monchengladbach vs Bayer Leverkusen Prediction & Analysis
Monchengladbach recorded a 1-2 win on the road the last match-day, against Bayern Munich. And due to this win, they will be motivated to go after even more victories.
However, their defense is a problem that needs to be addressed. They have been conceding goals in huge numbers, and lately at home, it has been happening at an alarming rate.
On the other hand, Leverkusen were held to a 2-2 draw by Union Berlin the past game week. They are also on a five-game winless run, and they had conceded two or more goals in their last four matches.
And on top of all that, majority of h2h meetings over the years have had goals in plenty.
For all these reasons, expect a high-scoring affair this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- Monchengladbach have not kept a single clean sheet in the past seven games.
- They had conceded three or more goals in five of the past seven matches.
- They had let in a total of 12 goals from the last three appearances at home.
- Meanwhile, Leverkusen are on a five-fixture winless run.
- They had conceded a total of eleven goals from the former four games combined.
Tips for Monchengladbach vs Bayer Leverkusen
Over 2.5 Match Goals & Both Teams to Score @ 1.75 (3/4)
Over 1.5 Second Half Goals @ 1.67 (2/3).