Metz vs Monaco Prediction & Match Preview

Metz vs Monaco Prediction French Ligue 1 by LeagueLane

Metz vs Monaco
France – Ligue 1
Date: Sunday 30th August 2020
Kick off at 14:00 UK/ 15:00 CET
Venue: Stade Saint-Symphorien.

Metz have not played yet this season and this game represents their first of the campaign. This will be the clubs 2nd successive season in the top flight.

Metz had a very good pre-season where they lost just once from 7 games. They are scheduled to play Kaiserslautern of Germany in France during the mini break at the beginning of September. The clubs pre-season highlights were beating Dijon and Strasbourg both Ligue 1 teams away from home.

Monaco will be slightly disappointed as to how they started the season. They ended up drawing 2-2 at home to Reims but would have been expected to win that game. At the same time they found themselves 2 goals down early on and heading for a beating, so it was a good recovery.

Metz v Monaco: Head to Head

  • Last season Metz won this game 3-0 and it was played in the month of August.
  • Monaco have won the last 8 league meetings from 9.
  • Monaco have not beaten Metz since 2018.
  • There is a 60% chance to see over 2.5 goals and a 40% chance to see over 3.5 goals.

Metz v Monaco: Prediction

The good news for Metz is that they have had a good pre-season but maybe not being able to play competitively yet could have a negative effect on their play in this game. Monaco have that under their belt and we think they will be strong here and a real threat.

Watch out for quality such as Stevan Jovetic the prolific striker wasn’t able to get on the score sheet last time and he will be raring to rectify that. Monaco have a decent side and in Niko Kovac as coach have some good experience and a lot is expected of them. If Monaco want to make advancements this season they need to be winning these type of games.

Metz v Monaco: Bet Tips:

  • Monaco to beat Metz at 2.00 (1/1)
  • Both teams to score at 1.80 (4/5)

Anytime goalscorer: Stevan Jovetic (Monaco) at 3.00 (2/1).

Looking for More Games? Read all French Ligue 1 Predictions here or jump to our main Football Tips Page.