Merw FK vs FC Asgabat
Turkmenistan – Yokary Liga
Date: Monday, 20 April 2020
Kick-Off at 14:00 UK/ 15:00 CET
Venue: Sport Toplumy Stadium (Mary)
The hosts are already struggling at the start of the season. They started off with a win over Energetik on matchday one. But they had a disaster waiting for them in the upcoming games. The two following games were defeats both of them without scoring a single goal. From those 3 games, they have conceded 5 goals while scoring only once. They need to better their performance if they do not want to be at the bottom of the table like last season.
Asgabat has just the opposite journey so far comparing their upcoming opposition. After two disappointing matches, they picked up a win over Energetik in the recent league game. Scoring and defending have been poor for them as well.
Merw vs FC Asgabat: Head-to-head (h2h)
- FC Asgabat is on a 4 match win streak in head to head matches.
- In 4 of their last 5 meetings, the score had over 2.5 goals.
- Merw previously won this fixture back in August 2018.
- In 5 of their last 6 head to head games, both teams scored.
- The visitors have a 2 match win streak going on at this ground.
- The last 3 clashes between them here also have a score of over 2.5 goals.
- Both teams found goals in all those 3 matches as well.
Merw vs FC Asgabat: Prediction
When we take a look at the form of both teams, the visitors stand out a bit. They remain unbeaten in 6 away matches which includes 4 wins. This includes a win against champions Altyn Asyr in the previous season. But this season they have problems in taking a game by its neck. The win against Energetik was expected considering the latter is in poor form.
Both defenses are having problems especially that of the home side. They have given away 5 goals already and I believe they will leak more through the entire season. So I am backing the match to be a draw with both teams scoring.
Merw vs FC Asgabat: Betting Tips
Both teams to score @ 1.78 (7/9).
Match to draw @ 3.30 (23/10).
Looking for More Games? Let’s Jump to our main Football Tips Page.