Manchester City vs Leeds United
England – Premier League
Date: Tuesday, 14 December 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Etihad Stadium.
The Citizens have finally clawed their way to the top of the table, and if history is any indication, it would be nearly impossible to knock them off the perch now. Once Guardiola smells blood, it is over.
This Tuesday, they are at home, and are taking on the struggling Leeds. Marcelo Bielsa’s men have been finding it hard to replicate their form of the past season.
They have seldom recorded wins in 2021-22, and have been conceding in plenty at the same time. On top of that, they also have a poor h2h record against this foe over the years too.
By the looks of things, expect Manchester City to deliver a routine win at the Etihad.
Manchester City vs Leeds Head-to-head (h2h)
- Five of the past six clashes had goals from both teams.
- At this venue, the guests have won just twice since 1990.
- It’s been 20 years since the visitors have kept a clean sheet here.
- Five of the former six match-ups at this ground had three or more goals.
Manchester City vs Leeds Prediction & Analysis
Pep Guardiola’s men recorded a 1-0 win at home the last match-day, against Wolves.
They had also won eight of the past nine overall games, and their only defeat during this stretch had come in the Champions League (after they had already secured the top-most spot in the group).
On the other hand, Leeds lost 3-2 on the road against Chelsea the past game week. They were also winless in 21 of the past 25 overall games, and had remained so in 13 of their past 14 road trips.
Going on, they have been conceding goals in plenty all along, and they also have a poor h2h record at this stadium over the years.
For the reasons, expect a huge win for Manchester City this Tuesday.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Citizens are placed at the top of the table, and are on a six-game winning streak in the league.
- They have conceded the least number of goals of all the teams in the competition. In fact, they are the only team yet to concede ten goals in the PL.
- Meanwhile, Leeds have a total of three wins all through the campaign, and just one in the past five game weeks.
- Their only win on the road had come against the 20th placed Norwich.
Tips for Manchester City vs Leeds
Manchester City to Win & Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.00 (1/1)
Over 1.5 First Half Goals @ 1.90 (9/10).