Luton Town vs Walsall
England League One
Date: Saturday, 20 October 2018
Kick-Off at 15:00 UK/ 16:00 CET
Venue: Kenilworth Road (Luton).
The home team had a great season last year. The Hatters finished second in League 2 and was promoted to the upper tier.
Coach Nathan Jones will have to make sure his team stays in this level next season too. But recent performances has not been great from them.
But their home record in all competitions is envious. Jones’ team are currently 10th in the league with 5 wins after 13 games.
Last action in the league was a 3-2 away defeat at Barnsley who are in third at the moment after that win. But Luton gave a fight against the top team. Irish forward James Collins scored the two goals for Luton. Collins and Englishman Lee Elliott has 4 goals in the league.
The Saddlers coached by Dean Jones was their former player in two terms and was appointed as coach in March 2018. He has a job in his hand to achieve a better finish from the 19th position they ended up last season.
Last league game was away at Bristol Rovers which they won 1-0 thanks to a last minute goal in injury time from Kieron Morris after coming on in the 75th minute.
Luton Town vs Walsall: Head-to-head (h2h)
- Last 10 games between these two sides saw Walsall winning 6 and losing 2.
- In those 10 matches 9 ended up having under 2.5 goals.
- Last match between them was won by Walsall 1-0 in a club friendly.
- Luton has 5 wins and 2 losses in their last 10 games in all competitions. Recent 5 matches had over 2.5 goals.
- At home they are unbeaten in 12 games in all competitions. Last home defeat in the league was against Accrington back in March.
- The away side have 4 wins and 3 losses in last 10 matches they played.
- A 9 game unbeaten streak in currently active for the away side.
Luton Town vs Walsall: Prediction
Even though they are unbeaten Dean’s team have conceded in the last 8 of 9 away matches.
Also if the goal scoring form of Luton is anything to go by both teams will find the net. They are scoring goals easily but not defending pretty well. Till now 19 goals are scored but 18 conceded as well.
Luton Town vs Walsall: Betting tips
BTTS @ 1.84 (5/6)
Under 2.5 @ 2.00 (1/1).