Lobos BUAP vs Veracruz
Mexico Liga MX Apertura
Date: Sunday 29th July 2018
Kick off at 22:00 UK/ 23:00 CET
Venue: Estadio Universitario BUAP (Puebla City).
Lobos de la BUAP also known just as Lobos BUAP started the Mexican league campaign by losing to Santos away 2-1, and now they are at home to try to make amends for that.
Veracruz also lost on the first day of the season as they were beaten at home against Pumas 2-0. It’s time for both teams to lick their wounds and move on and whoever loses this game will already feel under a little pressure after just 2 games played.
Lobos BUAP had to come in extra early for training and have had to up their sessions from 2 ot 4 following their first day defeat, the club will be anxious to take advantage of being at home to get the victory.
The bookmakers have Lobos BUAP down as odds on favourites at around 1.91. Veracruz can be backed at around 2.25.
Lobos BUAP vs Veracruz: Head to Head
- The teams met here in February and Lobos BUAP got a fantastic result winning 5-0.
- Veracruz have not won at this ground since 2011.
- Home or away Lobos BUAP are undefeated against Veracruz in the last 5 games going back 7 years.
- Historically goals tend to be scored more in the 2nd half of these fixtures.
Lobos BUAP vs Veracruz: Prediction
Our tip here is to see Lobos get their first win of the season. Even though both teams lost their opening games, there was hope in Lobos BUAP’s play whilst Veracruz seemed to give up and they were at home.
Veracruz do not have good memories of coming to this stadium. Our main bet will be to see the home side winning at half time and full time and we think the goals will come more in the second half as the game goes on.
Lobos BUAP vs Veracruz: Bet Tips
- Half time/Full time: Lobos/Lobos BUAP at 3.10
- Highest scoring half: 2nd half at 2.05.