Lille vs Nantes
France – Ligue 1
Date: Saturday, 27 November 2021
Kick-off at 16:00 UK / 17:00 CET
Venue: Stade Pierre-Mauroy.
Both Lille and Nantes have been playing better at home than on the road throughout the season. The home court advantage will thus play a big role on Saturday afternoon at Stade Pierre-Mauroy.
Lille vs Nantes Head-to-head
- The head to head tradition completely favors Lille who won six consecutive meetings against Nantes.
- Lille won nine and drew one of the last ten encounters against Nantes.
- Nantes failed to find the back of the net in the last three games against Lille.
Lille vs Nantes Predictions & Analysis
Lille made a big step towards securing the knockout phase of the UEFA Champions League after a 1-0 victory over Salzburg on Tuesday evening.
The win pushed them to the very top of the Group G standings ahead of the final day fixtures in a couple of weeks.
While Jocelyn Gourvennec’s troops have done well in the continental competition of late, their domestic form has been anything but promising since the beginning of the season.
The reigning Ligue 1 champions have won only 4 out of 14 league games this season. They are currently 12th in the table and desperately need to shift their fortunes around before it’s too late for the battle for European positions.
To be fair, Lille did keep Monaco to a 2-2 draw on the road last weekend. They made it three straight games without a defeat in all competitions.
The match against Nantes does provide the hosts a nice opportunity to pick up a precious domestic victory given the visitors have not quite been at their best lately.
Les Canaries took only one point in the last three league affairs. They have shipped two or more goals in each of them.
Key Stats for Betting
- Lille won nine and drew one of the last ten head-to-head games against Nantes.
- Nantes did not score in any of the last three head-to-head matches against Lille.
- Lille will go into this on the back of a big 1-0 win over Salzburg in mid-week’s Champions League affair.
- Nantes took only one point from the last four league affairs on the road.
Tips for Lille vs Nantes
Lille to win @ 1.61 (8/13)
Lille to keep a clean sheet @ 2.20 (6/5).