Levante vs Athletic Bilbao
Spain – La Liga
Date: Friday, 19 November 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Estadi Ciutat de València.
Levante have been one of the worst teams in the whole Spanish top flight this season, and understandably are placed second to last in the table. They still remain the only squad yet to post a win in the La Liga as well.
Meanwhile, Bilbao have been one of the best of the league for some years, and despite the high number of draws, they still are a team to be feared – especially for a minnow like Levante.
Moreover, with a better h2h record as well, expect Athletic to deliver a winning performance this Friday at the Estadi Ciutat de València.
Levante vs Athletic Bilbao Head-to-head
- Bilbao are on a seven-fixture unbeaten streak.
- They had scored two or more goals in four of the last six clashes.
- Since 2013, only once have the hosts won at this stadium.
- The visitors had scored two or more goals in six of the past eight meetings at this venue.
Levante vs Athletic Bilbao Prediction & Analysis
Levante lost 2-1 on the road the last match-day, against Alaves. They had also lost six of their past eight overall games, and are on a 14-fixture unbeaten streak.
Going on, they had let in two or more goals in six of their last eight matches, and had conceded 12 from their previous four fixtures alone.
Do also note that they have a single win at home since the second week of January, and have a total of one clean sheet at home since March.
On the other hand, Bilbao might have lost 0-1 at home against Cadiz. But it was only their second defeat of 2021-22, and only once have they even let in more than one goal in the entirety of the new season.
Finally, they also have a great h2h record against this rival, and for all these reasons, expect a win for Athletic Bilbao this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- Levante are still completely winless this league campaign, despite one-third of the season already being over.
- They have conceded the most number of goals of all the teams in the competition – 25, while none of the others have even let in more than 20.
- Bilbao have lost just twice in the whole of 2021-22, and impressively they have been unbeaten on the road all through the new season.
- So far, they have let in just three goals on the road this league campaign.
Tips for Levante vs Athletic Bilbao
Athletic Bilbao to Win @ 2.25 (5/4)
Over 1.5 Team Goals by Athletic Bilbao @ 2.40 (7/5).