Lens vs Angers
France – Ligue 1
Date: Friday, 26 November 2021
Kick-off at 20:00 UK/ 21:00 CET
Venue: Stade Bollaert-Delelis.
After a strong start to the campaign, Lens have been on a bit of dull stretch lately. Still, they make up for it a lot with great performances at home. In fact, they have been one of the best teams at home this season in the Ligue 1.
Meanwhile, Angers have been inconsistent for the past several game weeks, and especially on the road, they have been a huge mess in 2021-22.
By the looks of things, expect a win for the former this Friday at the Stade Bollaert-Delelis.
Lens vs Angers Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 2-2 draw.
- Six of the past seven clashes had three or more goals.
- The latest match-up at this venue had ended in a 1-3 win for the guests.
- Since 1993, the hosts have lost just twice at this ground.
Lens vs Angers Prediction & Analysis
- Lens did lose 4-0 on the road the last match-day, against Brest. However, they had won six of their past ten overall fixtures, and they had remained unbeaten in 14 of their past 18 games.
- Going on, they are on a three-fixture winning streak at home, and they had remained unbeaten in ten of their past eleven appearances at this stadium as well.
- In fact, they had scored four or more goals in their last two home games, and they had slotted in two or more goals in nine of their past eleven matches at this venue.
- On the other hand, Angers were winless in eight of their former ten fixtures, and they are on a six-game winless run on the road. They were also winless in 12 of their past 13 away games, and in the process had gone on a six-fixture losing run.
- Considering these observations, expect a win for Lens this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- Lens have scored the most number of goals in the competition – barring toppers and former champions PSG.
- They had won four of their last five league fixtures at home, and they have a 100% unbeaten record at this stadium in the Ligue 1, barring a single defeat against Strasbourg.
- Angers have a total of two wins in their last ten games – and one of these had come against the dead-last placed Lorient.
- They have a total of four wins on the road in the whole of 2021. One of these had come against the 20th placed Metz, while another had come against a team from the lower divisions, in the Coupe de France.
Tips for Lens vs Angers
Lens to Win @ 1.90 (9/10)
Over 1.5 Team Goals by Lens @ 1.83 (5/6).