Leicester vs Newcastle
England – Premier League
Date: Sunday, 12 December 2021
Kick-off at 14:00 UK/ 15:00 CET
Venue: King Power Stadium.
Leicester need to pick up pace if they are realistically going after a top-four spot. Currently they are placed eleventh in the table, and though they need to make up a gap of just eight points to get to the top-four, competition is severe this time around.
They need a huge win to get their confidence back, and this upcoming encounter against the Magpies seem like a great opportunity.
Not only have Newcastle been one of the worst teams in the whole English top flight this season, but they also have one of absolute worst defenses in the entire competition, and they have a poor h2h record against this foe as well.
As things stand, expect a win for the Foxes this Sunday.
Leicester vs Newcastle Head-to-head (h2h)
- The last four clashes in a row had three or more goals.
- The Foxes had won three of the past four meetings.
- At this venue, the hosts had scored a total of seven goals from the past two encounters combined.
- Since 1999, the guests have won just thrice at this ground.
Leicester vs Newcastle Prediction & Analysis
Leicester lost 2-1 on the road the last match-day in the league, against Aston Villa. And they have not been in the best of forms in overall games either.
However, they are determined to turn things around, and most importantly, they have been on a good run at home in spite of all their issues.
They have been scoring goals in huge numbers at this stadium all along, and even their rare losses at this stadium have had come against some of the best squads in the PL.
On the other hand, Newcastle did record a 1-0 win at home the past game week. But it was against the struggling Burnley, and also it was their first ever win in the 2021-22 edition of the PL.
On top of that, they also have a poor h2h record against this foe over the years.
Considering these observations, expect a win for Leicester this Sunday.
Key Stats for Betting
- Newcastle are placed 19th in the table, and they have so far recorded a total of just one win this campaign.
- They have conceded the most number of goals in the league, barring the dead-last placed Norwich.
- Meanwhile, Leicester have lost at home just thrice so far this whole PL season. The three defeats had come against Chelsea, Manchester City, and Arsenal.
- Seven of their preceding nine meetings at this venue have had three or more goals.
Tips for Leicester vs Newcastle
Leicester to Win @ 1.75 (3/4)
Leicester to Win & Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 2.40 (7/5).