Leeds United vs Brentford
England – Premier League
Date: Sunday, 5 December 2021
Kick-off at 14:00 UK/ 15:00 CET
Venue: Elland Road.
Leeds have uncharacteristically been out of form this season, and while they are under no threat of relegation so far, the team is surely taking some chances. They need some urgent points to get back into their groove, and to instill some confidence into the squad.
Meanwhile, the newly-promoted Brentford did start their campaign on the right note, but they failed to maintain it over time.
As of now, they too are struggling for some much-needed points, and it goes without saying that these two desperate squads will target each other at the Elland Road this Sunday.
Likely, expect goals in plenty this weekend.
Leeds vs Brentford Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 1-1 draw.
- Five of the past ten clashes had goals from both teams.
- Since 2010, only once have the hosts failed to score at this venue.
- The last time these two locked horns at this ground, the hosts won 1-0.
Leeds vs Brentford Prediction & Analysis
Leeds did win 1-0 at home the last match-day, against Crystal Palace. However, they were winless in 19 of the past 23 overall games, and have seldom won at home in the 2021-22 edition of the PL.
They have also been struggling with their defense during this season, and with them being desperate for a win this weekend, chances are high that they will fail to keep a clean sheet.
On the other hand, Brentford managed to win 1-0 the past game week at home against Everton. However, they were winless in six of their seven games before that, and four of these were losses.
Note that they had also conceded two or more goals in three of the former four overall fixtures.
Considering these observations, and importantly the determination of both teams to go for the win, expect a goal-fest at the Elland Road.
Key Stats for Betting
- Leeds are placed 16th in a table of 20, and they have managed to register a total of just three wins so far this whole season.
- They have a total of just three clean sheets at home since April, and two of those had come against teams that played in the lower divisions the previous season (Watford, Crewe).
- Meanwhile, Brentford have a total of two wins in the past two-month period, and one of these wins had come against Stoke, from the Championship.
- In the past seven-month period, they have kept just two cleans sheets in away games.
Tips for Leeds vs Brentford
Both Teams to Score @ 1.75 (3/4)
Over 2.5 Match Goals @ 1.90 (9/10).