FC Koln vs Bayern Munich
Germany – Bundesliga
Date: Saturday, 15 January 2022
Kick-off at 14:30 UK/ 15:30 CET
Bayern were dealt a surprise loss the last match-day, by Monchengladbach. Such has been the dominance of Bavarians over the past years in the German top flight, that when they lose once in a while, it’s major news.
Anyhow, the team will be determined to make a swift comeback, and not linger on the loss. They will be determined to secure a huge win this weekend, and put all the talks of this defeat behind them.
They are pitted against the sixth-placed Koln this game week, who have been in good form lately.
However, no measure of good form would be sufficient against the nine-time defending champions, and moreover, Julian Nagelsmann’s men have a great h2h record against this opponent over the years.
Taking into account these observations, expect a win for Bayern Munich this Saturday.
Koln vs Bayern Munich Head-to-head (h2h)
- The latest encounter had ended in a 3-2 win for the defending champions.
- They are on an eight-fixture winning streak.
- They had also won 15 of the past 16 clashes.
- At this venue, the guests are on a winning streak since 2012.
Koln vs Bayern Munich Prediction & Analysis
Koln did win 1-3 on the road the last match-day, against Hertha. However, they were winless in 10 of their preceding 17 games, and they had also managed to keep a total of just two clean sheets at home since January of 2021.
One of these clean sheets had come against Schalke, who currently play in the second division.
On the other hand, Nagelsmann’s men had lost 1-2 at home the past game week, against Monchengladbach. However, they were on a seven-fixture winning streak before that, and they had also won 22 of the former 26 games.
And importantly, the Bavarians have a great h2h record against this foe over the years.
Considering these observations, expect a huge win for Bayern this weekend.
Key Stats for Betting
- The Bavarians are placed at the top of the table with a six-point lead.
- They had lifted the title in the past nine seasons in a row.
- They have scored the most number of goals in the competition – 57, while only two other squads have even managed to score more than 40.
- Meanwhile, Koln have won just thrice at home this season, and one of these wins had come against the dead-last placed Furth.
Tips for Koln vs Bayern Munich
Bayern Munich –1.5 Asian Handicap @ 2.00 (1/1)
Bayern Munich to Win & Over 3.5 Match Goals @ 2.25 (5/4).