Japan vs Uzbekistan
AFC Asian Cup
Date: Thursday, 17th January 2019
Kick-off at 13.30 UK/ 14.30 CET
Venue: Sheikh Khalifa International Stadium (Al Ain).
The group champion tag is up for grabs in the group F. We have an exciting game at hand as the Samurai Blue take on the White Wolves.
Both sides come with a perfect record into this tie. Two wins from the last two matches in the competition. The other two teams in the group, Oman and Turkmenistan, have already lost their chance to secure direct qualification to the knockouts.
The Japanese contingent has high hopes on this group of players who almost threw out Belgium from the recently concluded FIFA World Cup. Their brand of football was a breath of fresh air for teams from Asia. And they were such a great ambassador for the sport in the continent.
Japan vs Uzbekistan Head-to-head (h2h)
- Hajime Moriyasu’s men hold a 5-1 lead in h2h wins over this opponent.
- The previous encounter in the Asian Cup between the teams ended in an 8-1 win for the side from East Asia.
- Japan has a 100% winning record in the tournament against Asian Italy.
- The combined scoreline for the last two Asian Cup fixtures featuring these two groups is 12-1, in favor of the team captained by Maya Yoshida.
- The Huma Birds have scored in seven of their last eight appearances against this rival.
Japan vs Uzbekistan Prediction
The exciting brand of football that the Samurai Blue plays will result in goals from both teams, considering the opponent is the Turanians. But the win will most probably go for the East Asians, taking into account their recent form as well as their raw determination to satisfy their fans after the wonderful tournament they had at Russia, this summer.
Regarding goals in the coming tie, Hajime Moriyasu’s men are unbeaten in their last seven games in a row, and six of them were wins. They managed to find the back of the net in their last eight fixtures and scored a total of 21 goals from them as well. The White Wolves scored a total of six goals from their two matches at the Asian Cup. Coupling this with the above observation, expect goals from both teams.
Japan vs Uzbekistan Betting Tips
To Win: Japan @ 1.70 (7/10)
Both Teams to Score: YES @ 2.00 (1/1).